Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '15 (I)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 21:28
Dear Stacy,

Hello! Need help on my profile. Are the schools I am targetting realistic? What would you suggest as safety schools given my experience and career goals? What else can I do to improve my chances? Your insight and expertise would be most appreciated :)
Thanks, and have a Happy New Year!
--

Basic Information: 28 at matriculation / Female / Philippines

Undergrad: 3.5 GPA Cum Laude / Double major in Business Administration and Accountancy from top university in the Philippines (on full scholarship, as I was among the top50 passers of the entrance exam)
Was offered full scholarships to the top 3 universities in the country upon graduation from highschool

GMAT: Targetting atleast a 730

Extracurriculars:
Post-Undergrad:Elected as Socials and Events Coordinator for Local Residential Community where I am currently based for work
Founded a Health and Fitness Club for Women at the office
Consistently volunteers as an alumni-trainor for upcoming candidates in college political party during election season
Undergrad:Councilor for Finance for University-wide Student Council (school has around 25,000 students including undergrad, masteral and doctorate)
Chairperson of local college student council
Participated in and won in intercollegiate marketing competitions
Participated in an 8-week sales and marketing bootcamp for the top25 potential marketing managers in the country

Work Experience:
4.5 years in energy by fall 2013 – MNC oil firm
First 2 years – Was hired as a management trainee in Business to Consumer Account management; managed network of distributors in the provincial areas of the Philippines; delivered above target in gross sales and margin; placed in the top10 among peers in asia-pacific
Next 2.5 years – Promotion to Finance for Downstream Refining. Worked closely with Project Engineers to manage budgets and select projects for CapEx Investments. Led the implementation of many new ways of working relating to costs which were adapted as best practice among refineries in the East. Example: Launched a refinery-wide initiative to reduce direct OPEX on site

Certifications: Certified Public Accountant

Other Hobbies/Areas of Interest: Fashion (I take classes at a local Fashion College); and Yoga

Post-MBA Career Goal: To transition to (1)Management Consulting (in the short-term) and (2)(In the long-term) manage and eventually grow our portfolio of family businesses (will relate to why I try as much as possible to get exposure in various fields – finance, marketing, sales and general consulting); want to use family business as a tool to develop third world and offer better jobs for Filipinos

Target schools: Primarily those focused on General Management – Stanford, HBS, Kellogg, Wharton, Tuck and Duke
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes