Joined: 01 Jul 2011
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
02 Feb 2012, 06:55
Undergraduation: Electronics and Communication Engineering from among the top 10 engineering institutes in the country
Secured 80%; ranked in the top 5 in the branch
Interned 3 times along various technical disciplines.
GMAT Score: 750 (QA 50; VA 41)
- 18 months till date; Analyst (promoted to Senior Analyst) at a global market research company
- Have studied a variety of industries across various functional domains; conducted end-to-end projects involving industry analysis, cost modeling, procurement strategies, supplier identification, supply chain analysis, etc.
- Industries studied include chemicals, construction/utility, facility management, sustainable practices, plastics, bio-fuels, food and beverage and pharmaceutical
- Responsible for conducting secondary and primary research, analyzing the same, culling out insights and presenting them in a suitable framework
- Some of the key projects undertaken:
* Studied the impact of iPad technology across the pharmaceutical and healthcare space, for a global pharmaceutical company
* Devised a procurement strategy for sourcing facility management (FM) services for a large US healthcare provider
* Assisted a private equity player to narrow down on his investment choices
* Assisted a global oil and gas company with their global sourcing strategy for various feedstock chemicals; the project involved assessment of regional supply-demand balance, trends, cost structure, and price drivers
- Other Organizational Initiatives
* Part of the recruitment team – Visited campus on company’s behalf for conducting group discussion and interviews
* Trainer – Conducted a wide range of database research and organization specific trainings for campus as well as lateral hires
* Wrote an article titles "iPAd - Disruptive Technology Impacting Business" in the company's publication - Cubism.
* Rolled out the Visual Image Library (a repository of tools and frameworks) for usage by the employees across the floor
* Design – Designed mugs, posters and other point of sale material for the company. Also, in the process of initiating a values promotion campaign. throughout the company. Provided design advice and graphic support to the application development team in the company.
Interests: Sketching, 2D Graphic designing, traveling
- Various organizational/team-based activities in college; was nominated Head, Graphics and Design for IEEE Branch in college
- Part of a group at work responsible for organizing various fun-based events for motivational purposes
- Attended the Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society (ASES) Beijing Summit in Oct 2008 and ASES Stanford Summit in April 2009
- Provided graphic editing support to a popular website aimed at carpooling and traffic reduction
- Part of the company's voluntary foundation aimed at CSR activities
- Part of an NGO responsible for organizing eye-camps in a rural village in India
Current Plans/Short-term goals:
- To gain further exposure in the corporate circuit and understand the nuances of business administration
- Apply for a full time MBA program for the Fall 2013 session in a top tier B-school.
Post MBA plans/Long-term goals:
- Build on the skills and business acumen acquired during the MBA program by working with a highly reputed organization
- Leverage the international network of contacts across multiple fields
- Eventually dive into an entrepreneurial venture. (Entrepreneurship is a field that requires all-round knowledge of all aspects of business administration - general management, finance, sales and marketing, strategy, HR)
* Identify opportunity in the e-waste management space.
I am planning to apply for the fall 2013 session.
Please advise me on the programs I should target and the schools I might have a good chance of cracking.