Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 07:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 03:58
Greetings,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 740
Work ex: 3 Years by 2013 in a Semiconductor Company and Multiple internships. Lead a team of 3 Engineers on Multiple projects.
Masters in Computer Science: Texas A&M (3.6 GPA and Thesis in Network Security and AI)
Undergrad in Computer Engineering: NIT Surat (GPA 8.6/10 and 4th in class)

Achievements
Winner at TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon NYC May 2012 (1st Among 92 teams for a contest). Disrupt Hackathon being one of the largest Hackathons in US.
Winner of AT&T Hackathon (1st among 35 teams) March 2012
Third place and Finalist among the 75 teams in US at National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition 2009 and 2010 respectively.
Winner Southwest regionals of Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
Founder and Chair of a Chapter selected best in the world for recruitment among 500 chapters
Captain of City Tennis Team

Entrepreneurship:
Co-founder of a venture selected among the top 20 teams of 500 teams for an Internal Venture Fest competition. Received seed funding and worked with the Senior management of the company

Patents
One patent filed a year back and another one is about to be filed

Community Service
Publicity Head for Child Rights and You while at Texas A&M
Actively involved in various volunteer activities at Texas A&M

I am targeting:
MIT
Kellogg
Booth
Haas
Wharton

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by ankcraz on 11 Jun 2012, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 05:01
Expert's post
You have a great "whiz-kid" profile which should help get you noticed, particularly in the area of innovation which will be interesting to Haas and Sloan. A grad degree in College Station will not be as impressive as if you had gone to, say, Cal Tech or Ga Tech, but it's close to a top 50 college, so will likely not be a hindrance especially considering your good grades. You did not explicitly state your ethnicity but if you are Indian or a white male, you will need to put extra focus on how you stand out from a crowd of similar applicants, and there will be many in this pool with an engineering background I assure you. Still, your top GMAT and interesting involvement outside the classroom will help. Dig into how you have impacted your company and why they look to you to lead others and you will be thinking the right way. Never hurts to have a backup plan with some additional schools in the top 20, but I would still encourage you to apply to your chosen targets. With your background and credentials, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get into at least one of them.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2012, 09:30
Thanks Bryan. I really appreciate the time you took to evaluate from my profile.

I am from India, and my undergrad was from one of the top engineering schools in the country. In addition to that I forgot to mention, that for the last one year, I had been pushing for an initiative within my company to promote Intrapreneurship, and now it is being pushed to nearly 10k employees in the company.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 06:00
Expert's post
Certainly these types of stories will help you get attention. impact on your company is impressive to adcoms, and initiating a program that has impacted 10000 employees will be impressive. Quantifying your impact in this way adds credibility to your claims and will differentiate you from applicants who resort merely to adjectives to describe themselves.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews