Joined: 08 Feb 2012
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
01 Aug 2012, 17:17
Your evaluation of my chances at the schools below would be greatly appreciated!
• 750 GMAT (49Q, 42V)
• 3.54 GPA
• Undergraduate degree in Political Science and second major in English from UNC – Chapel Hill. Spent semester in Madrid (all coursework in Spanish). Graduated in 2009.
• Work Experience: In my third year as a government consultant at PwC. Work on program management and strategic planning projects for Department of Defense Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury programs. Started at PwC out of college as an Associate and recently promoted to Senior Associate.
• Extracurricular involvement:
o President and founding member of a 35 member fraternity (Vice President and Philanthropy Chair prior to that)
o Interned for a US Congresswoman for 6 months in high school
o Mentor KIPP students applying to college and Washington Tennis and Education Foundation students
o Volunteer with organization helping entrepreneurs grow businesses to create jobs in conflict countries
o Volunteer at various work community service events (Veterans Wheelchair Games, USO Care Packaging, Soup Kitchens, etc.)
o Club tennis member in college
• Goals: Short-term: work for a leading strategy consulting firm to learn management best practices among public sector and commercial clients. Long-term: transition to management role in federal government and use business knowledge and skills to improve government organizations
• 25 year old white male
• Programs: HBS, Wharton, Tuck, Sloan, Booth, Darden, Fuqua, Kellogg. Considering applying for MBA/MPP dual-degree with HKS--does this hurt, help, or have no effect on MBA admissions chances?