Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Ankit: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2012, 22:44
Hi,

Thank you for reviewing my profile. Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

I am 25 yr old from India. I did my B.Tech. in 2010 from IIT BHU with CGPA of (7.24/10 Absolute Scale). I was also the placement coordinator of my college for two years(2008-2010)
Currently I am working in an IT Consulting firm(which was a Start Up when I joined) as a consultant. Company is in Business Process Modelling domain and has grown leaps and bounds in last two years. I have been involved in some very decent projects.

I am planning for MBA-2014 batch. As a short term goal I want join a consulting firm. In long run I want to go for entrepreneurship. I will be taking my GMAT on 3rd September. In practice test I have been getting scores in the range of 710-750.

Kindly suggest me some business school matching my profile and goals. Also please note that My budget is not very high and my first preference would be 1 year courses.

Thanks,

Ankit
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2012, 22:24
Expert's post
ankitmehta wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for reviewing my profile. Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

I am 25 yr old from India. I did my B.Tech. in 2010 from IIT BHU with CGPA of (7.24/10 Absolute Scale). I was also the placement coordinator of my college for two years(2008-2010)
Currently I am working in an IT Consulting firm(which was a Start Up when I joined) as a consultant. Company is in Business Process Modelling domain and has grown leaps and bounds in last two years. I have been involved in some very decent projects.

I am planning for MBA-2014 batch. As a short term goal I want join a consulting firm. In long run I want to go for entrepreneurship. I will be taking my GMAT on 3rd September. In practice test I have been getting scores in the range of 710-750.

Kindly suggest me some business school matching my profile and goals. Also please note that My budget is not very high and my first preference would be 1 year courses.

Thanks,

Ankit

Ankit,

Given that you are applying for 2014 and will soon have your GMAT score, can you re-post after you get it and then I'll respond. It just makes sense to wait until then.

Thanks,
Linda,

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Ankit: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 05:23
Hi,

I took GMAT about a month back. My score (680(31V,50Q,5.5AWA)) was very dismal. I have already posted my profile earlier in this thread. Please suggest me some B Schools which align with my profile and scores. I want to apply for 2013 batch.

Regards,

Ankit
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 22:26
Expert's post
ankitmehta wrote:
Hi,

I took GMAT about a month back. My score (680(31V,50Q,5.5AWA)) was very dismal. I have already posted my profile earlier in this thread. Please suggest me some B Schools which align with my profile and scores. I want to apply for 2013 batch.

Regards,

Ankit

Ankit,

Sorry about the disappointing GMAT. Consider UNC, Babson, UT, IE, and HEC. Also consider retaking. Please see "That GMAT Score"

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog