Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 00:43
Hi,

I would be very happy if you could please evaluate my profile:
- Male, 26 years old, Norwegian citizen
- Undergraduate degree in Economics and Business Administration from a Norwegian business school, with B average, concidered "honors" in Norway. A in both mathematics and statistics. Exchange semester at University of Washington with 3.7 GPA
- MA in Economics from UC Santa Barbara with 3.8 GPA, inlcuding an A in econometrics
- GMAT score: 710 (93%), 45 quant (68%), 41 verbal (92%). As non-native speaker, very happy with the verbal score, disappointed with the quant score (have scored 770/800 on the GRE quant), but will not retake (hope that my quant abilities will evident elsewhere in the application). Awaiting AWA and IR scores.
- Now have two years of professional work experience at a Nordic Bank. I Work in the Investment Banking division of the bank with focus on M&A and LBO transactions as an analyst. Will have three years of experience when I start my MBA (fall 2014)
- Have little extracurricular activities
- Post-MBA goals: switch from IB to consulting (McKinsey, Bain, etc)
- Applying for 2014 entry (R1) and am concidering the following schools:

Oxford
Cambridge
LBS
Imperial
Cornell accelerated
Kellogg 1-year

- Might also apply to:

Harvard
Stanford

Thanks a lot!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2013, 18:29
Expert's post
You should have a competitive profile for your target schools. Being from Norway, you automatically will stand out amongst the international applicants since there will be scarce few other Norwegians applying. Make sure you emphasize your cultural diversity and how it has given you a unique perspective on banking. Normally I would say 2 years of WE is light, but since it was investment banking and since you have a graduate degree (from a US institution no less), I think you will be well positioned. I-banking is a sought after field for many b-school graduates so coming in with a perspective on how that world works will be valuable in the classroom and attractive to the admissions committees. Harvard and Stanford are always a reach for anyone, no matter how qualifiied, but I would encourage you to come visit around and apply anywhere you feel you would be a good fit.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 11:28
Thanks a lot for the reply!