Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 06:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2006, 13:02
Hi Folks,

I wish to apply to schools like Wharton, Harvard, Kellog, Chicago and Sloan. I'm now at a point where I need some advice on whether to retake my GMAT so as to cross the 700 mark. I'm sure people who apply to these schools have fantastic grades. I am interested in specializing in either strategy or finance. What do you think my chances are at these schools if I do NOT re-attempt the GMAT?

Academics & Professional Experience
- GMAT score of 680 - 46 Quant, 38 Verbal and 6.0 AWA - 89th Percentile
- 5 years working experience
- MS in Computer Science - GPA of 3.96
- BS in Computing - GPA of 3.8

Diversity
- Born in India
- Raised in Singapore
- Undergraduate education in Singapore
- Graduate education in US

Extra-curricular Activities
- 3 years in the Singapore military, leading an infantry platoon
- Coached and managed a soccer team which participated in the army inter-division tournament
- Currently, I started and run basketball sessions every week for kids, so as to keep them off the street and to give them an avenue to seek advice for anything, be it education or personal aspects
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 46

[#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2006, 11:01
Expert's post
I don't think that you need re-take the GMAT. Once you get within range of 680, any top school will consider you. Don't trick yourself into thinking that there's some magic number that you need to hit. You're right when you say that the people who apply to these school have great grades, BUT even more importantly they have other things about them that make them stand out, such as great work experiences, strong MBA essays, extracurriculars, and letters of recommendation. Focs on these things more than the GMAT.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews