Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation: 8-year software engineer experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation: 8-year software engineer experience [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2012, 18:28
detail removed

Last edited by reddevildan on 07 Jan 2013, 07:55, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation: 8-year software engineer experience [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 07:31
If you can get 700 it will help you tremendously. If I were you, I would retake GMAT and focus all my energies on the application essays. Your experience level and age group will be pulling your application down. If my math is correct, you will be close to 31.

There is no proven difference between applying in first and second rounds. I suggest you apply when you are ready. I think you are not ready yet. Don't focus on the 1st round. Focus on the quality of your application. You have a fair chance in second round as well. In summary, a 700+ GMAT score is a better bet than the first round application for you.

It is very difficult to comment with such little information about your application success. You didn't mention any 'superstar' achievments that can compensate your weak points. If I have to assume, you have great work experience, especially at Bloomberg, decent extra curricular activities, and good writing skills, I am confident that you can get into the interview stage at least in one of your target schools.

If you have to apply today, it might be better to replace few schools in your list to save your time. Every application takes a lot of time and effort.

>> Any other school I should consider?
Add LBS/INSEAD. They view your experience/age favorably. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For the Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting | General Mgmt
Re: Profile Evaluation: 8-year software engineer experience   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2012, 07:31