Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 07:17

Going on Right now:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for GMAT 630, B.tech 59

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Schulich '16
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Profile evaluation for GMAT 630, B.tech 59 [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 13:23
Hi,
I am Ravi. Please let me know where my profile stands

GMAT : 630 (Can be improved)
10th Class : 86%
12th : 89%
B.Tech : 59% (below avg)

Workexperience : 5 years in IT industry
worked as software engineer, led a team of 10 members., Working as Pre-sales engineer as a part of learning process.

1 year 2 months of internation work exposure, and remaining experience involved interaction with international clients such as from Singapore, Australia, Denmark, UK

Extra Curricular :
1) Working as an active member for Loksatta party , bangalore. - Involved in contesting MLC elections, Involved in lakes restoration movement, working with IAC, working towards publicity of party works, Fund raising activities.
2) Working with Akshara foundation for fund raising
3) Involved in Interview process in my organisation
4) Participated in Dance compitions (could not get participation certificates, but,can get them in recommendation letters)
5) Providing financial support and education support to two children of our maid for past 3 years. (No certificates, in what way i can prove?)
5) Playing badminton everyday (can't prove, its my daily routine)

I want to know to what colleges I can apply for MBA?
Actually I am looking for top colleges such as ISB, LBS, Nanyang, INSEAD etc. If I get a good gmat score (710 - 730) , will I have a chance to apply for the mentioned colleges with a low aggregate such as 59%?

Thanks
Ravi
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation for GMAT 630, B.tech 59 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 06:25
Expert's post
Ravi--your challenges stem mostly from your applicant pool. Indian with IT background is a HUGE applicant pool, so you have to think of what about your profile will stand out against the throng of others applying with similar career achievements, but better test scores and grades. You will need to come up with a compelling post MBA vision and a well articulated story for how your past achievements will be accretive to your classmates' experience--in other words, what do you bring to the table that will best the next guy with a similar background?

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews