Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation GMAT 740

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation GMAT 740 [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 19:49
Greetings,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 740
Work ex: 3 Years by 2013 in a Semiconductor Company and Multiple internships. Lead a team of 3 Engineers on Multiple projects.
Masters in Computer Science: Texas A&M (3.6 GPA and Thesis in Network Security and AI)
Undergrad in Computer Engineering: NIT Surat (GPA 8.6/10 and 4th in class)

Achievements
Winner at TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon NYC May 2012 (1st Among 92 teams for a contest). Disrupt Hackathon being one of the largest Hackathons in US.
Winner of AT&T Hackathon (1st among 35 teams) March 2012
Third place and Finalist among the 75 teams in US at National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition 2009 and 2010 respectively.
Winner Southwest regionals of Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
Founder and Chair of a Chapter selected best in the world for recruitment among 500 chapters
Captain of City Tennis Team

Entrepreneurship:
Co-founder of a venture selected among the top 20 teams of 500 teams for an Internal Venture Fest competition. Received seed funding and worked with the Senior management of the company

Patents
One patent filed

Community Service
Publicity Head for Child Rights and You while at Texas A&M
Actively involved in various volunteer activities at Texas A&M

I am targeting:
MIT
Kellogg
Booth
Haas
Wharton

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by ankcraz on 11 Jun 2012, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 173 [1] , given: 179

Re: Profile Evaluation GMAT 740 [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 12:41
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi ankcraz:

Nice profile – I like the combination of black hat hacker skills, entrepreneurship and tennis playing skills that any blueblood country club would love to have.

However, first things first – Northwestern's b-school is called Kellogg. "Kellogs" is more appropriate for a delicious breakfast treat in the form of flakes or loops.Image

Anyway, I digress. The main point here is that you are competitive at the schools that you list. I believe that with the right message, personal and professional, you will not have a problem getting a thorough review by any of these admissions committees. You definitely satisfy what I believe to be a critical component for any "Indian" applicant – that is, significant international work experience outside of your home country. Of course you went to school here, but your involvement in your local communities (yes, you can consider your local hacker contingent as a "community") tells me that you would fit in well at business school.

I do have a suggestion in order for me to make a definitive assessment of your applicability to each school in question – what on earth are your goals? Do you want to grow your entrepreneurial venture?

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

ankcraz wrote:
Greetings,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 740
Work ex: 3 Years by 2013 in a Semiconductor Company and Multiple internships. Lead a team of 3 Engineers on Multiple projects.
Masters in Computer Science: Texas A&M (3.6 GPA and Thesis in Network Security and AI)
Undergrad in Computer Engineering: NIT Surat (GPA 8.6/10 and 4th in class)

Achievements
Winner at TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon NYC May 2012 (1st Among 92 teams for a contest). Disrupt Hackathon being one of the largest Hackathons in US.
Winner of AT&T Hackathon (1st among 35 teams) March 2012
Third place and Finalist among the 75 teams in US at National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition 2009 and 2010 respectively.
Winner Southwest regionals of Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
Founder and Chair of a Chapter selected best in the world for recruitment among 500 chapters
Captain of City Tennis Team

Entrepreneurship:
Co-founder of a venture selected among the top 20 teams of 500 teams for an Internal Venture Fest competition. Received seed funding and worked with the Senior management of the company

Patents
One patent filed

Community Service
Publicity Head for Child Rights and You while at Texas A&M
Actively involved in various volunteer activities at Texas A&M

I am targeting:
MIT
Kellogs
Booth
Haas
Wharton

Thanks in Advance

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation GMAT 740 [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 20:53
Sorry for the gross mistake.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that for more than one year i was pushing for a new company wide initiative in my company to promote intrapreneurship, and now finally nearly it is being pushed to 10k employees in the company with an event planned in September.

Anyway, my short term goal is to start my own venture, but in the long term I want to get into VC industry in India.

Thanks for your time.