Below is my profile description
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I have 2.5 yrs of work experience. I am working in Infosys Limited as a Technology Analyst. My job description includes
development and enhancement of software, leading a team of 4 people and I am working in Finacle, banking software
2) Your GMAT.
GMAT Score: 680(Q-50, V-31)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
M.Tech from IIT Kanpur (CGPA: 7.2/10), year of passing: 2010
B.Tech from IIT Kanpur in Computer Science (CGPA: 5.6/10), year of passing: 2010
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
Here are a few of my extra-curricular activities:
a) Coordinator of Hospitality Cell in Techkriti 2008, Annual Technical festival of IIT Kanpur. Led a team of 60 students and made arrangements
for about 2000 participants.
b) Choreographed and performed in various college level events.
c) Played Bridge at national level tournament held in Kanpur in 2009.
d) Secretary of the dramatics club in Antaragni 2006, Annual cultural festival of IIT Kanpur.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
No certifications done
6) Your target programs.
MBA or specialization in finance.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
Priority is R3 2012-13
8) Your post-MBA goal.
Currently I am working at a mid-tier in a MNC, post MBA I would like to work in top-tier.
I would also like to work in Banking sector or in corporate finance.
If you are not in the U.S., I recommend waiting until R1 of next year rather than apply R3 this year.
When you are ready to apply, consider UNC, UT, Vanderbilt, USC, Rochester Simon.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog