You have superior acads and your professional background looks pretty notable. Apart from the schools you have short listed, you should also target b-schools like: Wharton, Booth, Haas, Tuck, Columbia, NYU-Stern, Darden, Ross, UCLA & Kenan-Flagler. As the average GMAT Score for these B-Schools fall in between 620-760 range, you have possibility of being accepted. You can also try your chances in http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool
You should start working on your application essays & interviews where you can write about your professional achievements, leadership skills & short/long term goals. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview.
Do let me know in case of any other assistance.
Appreciate if you can have a look at the below profile:
Age 24, Male, Indian
Xth Grade -95.2% ( Overall)
XIIth Grade - 89.2%
Chemical Engineering Degree at BITS PILANI , Rajasthan India.
Overall GPA: 8.92/10 ( GPA in Core Chemical Courses 9.8/10)
GMAT - 710 ( Q49, V36, AWA 5 , IR 4)
CFA Institute, USA Level 3 Canditate
5 months ( current role) as a Consultant , Business Development in a $5 million turnover family owned food processing business.
•Managing roles in Business Development, Office Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance, Accounting and internal audit and control
•Created SOPs and Documented Procedures for all Critical Food Safety Related Activities.
•Liasonsing with Food regulatory bodies in India to ensure compliance
2 yrs and 3 months as Risk Analyst at Credit Suisse, Mumbai.
• Risk Analysis, reporting and potential exposure checks for Hedge Fund clients.
• Enhanced the accuracy and quality of underlying data for Prime Services risk analytics by developing and implementing multiple data controls.
• Contributed to the development and execution of Equity Cross Margining Platform that benefited many clients by offering
competitive margins across Prime Brokerage, Swap and Listed Derivatives Platform.
• Coded scenarios and stresses in a third party real time risk analytics software for stress based
custom margining for certain Hedge Fund Clients.
INTERN as Business Analyst at Modelytics India Pvt. Ltd.
• Conducted a case study on credit card pricing optimization
• Built predictive models and pricing optimisation schemes using statistical techniques by understanding the clients' business problems and defining an analytical approach to solving them
Extra Curricular Activities
• Active role in Credit Suisse Business Analyst recruitment program from top 1% engineering colleges in India
• Have received a formal training in dance and awarded BEST DANCER in ‘LATINA FIESTA 2007’, a national level competition in dance categories
Lambada, Salsa and Merengue.
• Held the Joint Coordinator position of Department Of Theatre, responsible for managing all the major stage events, interacting with teams, publicity, promotion and budget management of events in OASIS, the second biggest student cultural festival of INDIA
• Cultural Secretary of a regional association in College,a group of 400 members
I plan to do an MBA and then come back and take over the family business . A course that emphasizes leadership and entrepreneurship will suit my needs greatly .Once I take over the business I would need to be in a position to lead a team of about 100-200 people . Also since my current business is manufacturing
based , a school with a strong operations department will be a better fit for me.
Target Schools :
MIT Sloan, ( famous for operations management, good balance between theory and real life applications)
Kellogg ( operations focussed, dynamic curriculum)
GMAT - 740: Work Ex - 9 years: MBA - HEC,Paris (Top European B - School)
Grad - Top 20 College in Asia