Appreciate if you can have a look at the below profile:
Age 24, Male, Indian
Xth Grade -95.2% ( Overall)
XIIth Grade - 89.2%
Chemical Engineering Degree at BITS PILANI , Rajasthan India.
Overall GPA: 8.92/10 ( GPA in Core Chemical Courses 9.8/10)
GMAT - 710 ( Q49, V36, AWA 5 , IR 4)
CFA Institute, USA Level 3 Canditate
5 months ( current role) as a Consultant , Business Development in a $5 million turnover family owned food processing business.
•Managing roles in Business Development, Office Administration, Human Resource Management, Finance, Accounting and internal audit and control
•Created SOPs and Documented Procedures for all Critical Food Safety Related Activities.
•Liasonsing with Food regulatory bodies in India to ensure compliance
2 yrs and 3 months as Risk Analyst at Credit Suisse, Mumbai.
• Risk Analysis, reporting and potential exposure checks for Hedge Fund clients.
• Enhanced the accuracy and quality of underlying data for Prime Services risk analytics by developing and implementing multiple data controls.
• Contributed to the development and execution of Equity Cross Margining Platform that benefited many clients by offering
competitive margins across Prime Brokerage, Swap and Listed Derivatives Platform.
• Coded scenarios and stresses in a third party real time risk analytics software for stress based
custom margining for certain Hedge Fund Clients.
INTERN as Business Analyst at Modelytics India Pvt. Ltd.
• Conducted a case study on credit card pricing optimization
• Built predictive models and pricing optimisation schemes using statistical techniques by understanding the clients' business problems and defining an analytical approach to solving them
Extra Curricular Activities
• Active role in Credit Suisse Business Analyst recruitment program from top 1% engineering colleges in India
• Have received a formal training in dance and awarded BEST DANCER in ‘LATINA FIESTA 2007’, a national level competition in dance categories
Lambada, Salsa and Merengue.
• Held the Joint Coordinator position of Department Of Theatre, responsible for managing all the major stage events, interacting with teams, publicity, promotion and budget management of events in OASIS, the second biggest student cultural festival of INDIA
• Cultural Secretary of a regional association in College,a group of 400 members
I plan to do an MBA and then come back and take over the family business . A course that emphasizes leadership and entrepreneurship will suit my needs greatly .Once I take over the business I would need to be in a position to lead a team of about 100-200 people . Also since my current business is manufacturing
based , a school with a strong operations department will be a better fit for me.
Target Schools :
MIT Sloan, ( famous for operations management, good balance between theory and real life applications)
Kellogg ( operations focussed, dynamic curriculum)
You have a remarkable corporate exposure with consistently good academics and extracurricular activities.
Per your Profile and GMAT score I would recommend you to target Chicago Booth, Wharton, SMU Cox, Columbia and Darden Business School etc. As the average GMAT Score for these B-Schools fall in between 690-720 range.
You are in perfect stage of your career and around 4-5 years of work experience is what most B-Schools look for and by the time you will apply to B-Schools you will have 4-5 years of work experience.
The immediate step for you is to focus more on your GMAT score and then worry about scholarships and Universities to apply to. The overall criterion for scholarship in most B-Schools depends up on lot of factors like your GMAT Score, application essays, academic and professional recommendations.
You may also seek assistance from professional consultants for guidance on preparing letters of recommendations, get your essays/scholarship essays evaluated before sending it out along with your application and zero in targeted B-Schools based on your score and career aspirations.
Please visit http://tinyurl.com/7ee5pju
to see more about online GMAT Classes and http://tinyurl.com/6rteo5y
to see how General Ed can help you with MBA Counselling and Business School Selection Process.
Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.
GMAT - 740: Work Ex - 9 years: MBA - HEC,Paris (Top European B - School)
Grad - Top 20 College in Asia