I am currently a lead marketing operations analyst at a large software firm. I have held this position for a year and before worked as an associate financial analyst at the same company. Before I started with this company, I tried my hand at selling insurance for about seven months. At the time of matriculation into a full-time program, I will have 3.5~ years of work experience.
My post-MBA goal is to do operations consulting.
690 V42 Q42
Public Ivy – Finance – 3.1 cumulative and 3.5 major – 2008
I have sold onions for a rotary scholarship program every fall since high school - I volunteered during the fall of 2007 for a family that was holding weekend carnivals to benefit a cancer patient - I also spent a summer in college volunteering at a Goodwill donation center - I am volunteering, for the first time, with the Atlanta Union Mission this summer
I have been accepted to Emory’s part-time program for the fall, but I am not sure that this is the appropriate route for me.
Pros of the part-time program
- I live less than 2 miles from the Emory campus
- I can work at home on class days
- All of the typical pros of a part-time program (continuing to work, less cost)
- I am not sure I can handle work, school, and whatever else at the same time ( I would rather have my complete focus on school)
- I feel like the part-time program, while granting you the same degree, won’t help me in my search for a better career – this, even though the admissions department was enthusiastic about part-time students getting new jobs
- I really want to go to the best school I can get into
I am retaking my Princeton Review
course and then taking the GMAT in August. I will be focusing on improving my quantitative score as my verbal scores were consistently high on the practice tests and on the actual test. I really choked during the quantitative portion. I was just clicking answers to get to the end. I feel like I can improve my score with some more preparation.
The worst part about it is that I have to decide by July 15th. This doesn’t give me the option of taking the test again and maintaining the part-time option.
My dream school would be Duke, but I am also very interested in UVA and UT-Austin.