Demographics: Indian, Male, 30 years
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. : software engineer in 6 years in a top Tech company - Part of the core team members to launch a brand new product - took from a prototype to a 50+ million dollar product; Intituted and ran integration efforts for 3 different countries for the same product. awarded the best employee of the quarter award last year.
2) GMAT: 680, Q45, V 38, AWA 6 - [Irony - took Gmat 3 times already.]
3) College info:
Education: Undergraduate - Engineering BE Information Technology  India - 76%
Graduate: M S - Computer Science - UT Arlington - 3.5
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience: One of Founding members - Ameture Drama troupe - conduct stage drama every year. Successfully donated proceeds to selected charities every year for 5 years now.
Extra curriculars - Best outgoing student - Undergraduation. Division Representative - Work life balance group in Office - Organization wise Table tennis tournaments for 2 years. Local Yoga club member - Yoga practioner from Age 15.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA. : N/A
6) Your target programs : MBA in - Tuck, Hass, Insead, LBS, Kellogg, Booth, [Wharton ?]
7) Your post-MBA goal.
Post MBA goals: Management consulting - short term. Long term - Move back to India to join family business.
I'm concerned about your age and GMAT score (the score isn't bad, but it is going to be difficult to differentiate you from the many other Indian tech background guys with that GMAT). In addition to these schools, I do feel you should apply to other less competitive programs as well.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog