1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
- 4 year corporate attorney at Skadden/ Sullivan & Cromwell/Cravath kind of firm. Worked at both NY and HK Offices
2) Your GMAT.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
- University of Cambridge, Law, 2nd Upper Division Honours( what does this amount to in terms of GPA?), 2006
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
- Army Officer( Platoon Leader then Intelligence Officer). Formerly full time. Currently in Reserve.
- Very Strong Leadership positions in College
- Strong track of community service
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
- Candidate for CFA Level II
- NY Bar
6) Your target programs.
- HBS, GSB, CBS, Sloan, SoM, Wharton
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
8) Your post-MBA goal.
- I do not have a politically correct goal as of yet. But mainly to do finance work.
Impressive profile. I'm guessing that you are unsure when you will apply and that's why you didn't answer #7. You have a competitive profile for your target schools. With good apps, you should hear good news.
For your goal, it's more important that it be personally congruent and convincing than politically correct.
If you would like help with your MBA applications
, please let me know.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog