Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 08:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Please! [#permalink] New post 26 May 2013, 16:26

3 months research assistantship at East Asian Studies department at McGill University
2 months internship at a Fortune 100 Company. (HR Strategy and Planning Dept)
2 months internship at PricewaterhouseCoopers, audits season
4 months internship at Accenture management consulting, financial services

720/800 (took without too much preparation. could potentially raise up marginally through preparation)

McGill University
Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a minor in mathematics
Graduating January of 2015 (might postpone to April of 2015 to match admission season)

First year gpa: 1.66
Second year gpa: 3.2
Third year in progress: 3.76

Extenuating Circumstance: Father's company was in a bad situation and I was hurdled by financial as well as mental strains.
now that I am allowed to focus on my studies, I will continue to get 3.7+ grades (top 10%+ at McGill)

Certificate of Securities Investment Advisor (issued by Korean trades commision)
Certificate of Derivatives Investment Advisor (issued by Korean trades commission)

Imperial College,
Msc Finance, Msc Management

UCL,
Msc Economics, Msc Management

LBS
Msc Management

LSE
Msc Finance, Msc Management

Duke University
MMS

R1 2014-2015

Break into IBD or AM in London, UK

Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Please! [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 18:02
Expert's post
McGill is a great school and with your GMAT score and rising trend in grades, you should have no problem being competitive at these MS programs right out of school. You will need to explain what happened during your first year, but it will be forgiven, especially if you keep up the good grades through graduation. No need to retake GMAT. Let us know if we can be helpful when it comes time to apply.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Please! [#permalink] New post 28 May 2013, 21:09
bryantmichaels wrote:
McGill is a great school and with your GMAT score and rising trend in grades, you should have no problem being competitive at these MS programs right out of school. You will need to explain what happened during your first year, but it will be forgiven, especially if you keep up the good grades through graduation. No need to retake GMAT. Let us know if we can be helpful when it comes time to apply.

Thank you for the swift reply and the positive input
I was very worried because of the Fs and a D on my transcript in my 1st year and 1st semester of 2nd year.
I hope to continue getting 3.7 + and studies will be m yonly focus for now.

I however, will be retaking the GMAT with a month of preparation, aiming for 760 and AWA 6.

I was wondering what the most important factors are when it comes to Msc admissions at UK universities.
I have decent internship experiences and school brand but because my GPA is so incredibly low,
when competition is so fierce (i believe lse accepted 45 students out of 16000 for the program?).

Also do you know where I could get detailed admission statistics for teh programs?
i cannot seem to find them anywhere.
I would like avg gpa, gmat, and experiences if possible (kind of like a lookbook)

once again, Thank you!