Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 12:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 06:49
Hi all,

I stand at the beginning of my "MBA Project" and am in dire need to receive an assessment of my realistic chances to enter a top 10 Program in the US.

To my person:
1. French / Spanish National w/ fluency in both languages +Asian Language, English
2. Age: 29 (at time of application)

Education:
1. Undergraduate: Dual Degree Business Studies program
Awarded BBA (Hons.) degree from top 5 business school in the UK.
Awarded Spanish UG degree from top 5 business school in Spain

2. Graduate: Masters Degree in Economics
Awarded Degree from Top 3 University in a major Asian economy.

3. GPA: UGrad  3.1 -3.3 / 4.0 (Slightly above average)
Grad  3.8 / 4.3 (Above average)

4. Awards:
Full Scholarship by Asian government for Grad School
Deans List at Grad School

Professional Experience:
Asia
3 yrs (at time of application)
Strategic Planning, high impact role, reporting to Vice Chairman
Fortune 100 manufacturing company
Promoted after 2 years
First personal leadership responsibilities

Numerous Internships at very reputable companies in USA, FRANCE, GERMANY and JAPAN while being a Student.

Social Engagement:
Volunteer moderator / teacher on National Radio Station in Asia to teach Spanish
Lead company football team
Supporting Orphanage (fundraising, playing with children)
Active in Student Union (Leadership experience)

GMAT:
I haven’t passed the exam yet, but am hoping to score in the high 600’s or low 700’s.

I would be very grateful if you could briefly inform me if I stand any chances at being admitted to a top US MBA program and what my weaknesses are. I don’t have high hopes for HBS, Stanford and the likes, but would like to give it a shot at Tuck, Ross and Sloan.

Thank you very much in advance!

Bertrand
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford '11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2010, 14:57
I think that with a 690+ that you are a good candidate for a US Top 20 program. There are a lot of foreign applicants to US Top 10 schools with relatively few places, so you will need to stand out with your GMAT, Essays (with well defined motivation for MBA and details into your personality), and Letters of Recommendation. Apply early, if possible, and give your recommenders lots of time and good material (statement of purpose, etc) to answer the questions. Also, I don't believe anyone who wants to go to B-School should apply to just Top 10 schools; if you do score 690-700 on the GMAT, you might throw in a Top 20-30 school in order to improve your odds of acceptance. Depending on what you want to do, a degree from a school like USC or William and Mary can still open a lot of doors.

These are just my opinions - I think you'll find in your research that no one really knows what will tip the scales in your favor, but a good GMAT along with great essays will make you competitive.
Re: Profile Evaluation Please   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2010, 14:57