I'd like to please ask for evaluation of my following brief info. You comment will really motivate me on the way to prepare for GMAT(on going for 3 months, and I've been feeling drought....
Nationality: US and South Korea, Dual Citizenship, 29 years old, Asian Male
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience.
I currently moved back to South Korea for military obligation. I work in a normal company while serving the military duty at the same time
but am regarded as a non-civilian(military personnel). I'd like to attend MBA programs when 3 years of my official duty is finished. (Starting Jan 2014 or Sep 2014) I will be between 30 ~ 31 years old when applying to the programs.
Present: **** corp. R&D Labs(the 30th biggest in South Korea), Senior Researcher(Promotion)
3 years by the time of submitting application
-the First Carbon Fiber R&D and Production in South Korea
-Worked as a Research Scientist and currently Process Engineer (Managing +20 labors)
First: **** Energy(within Forbes 50 th), Field Service Engineer
2 years and 9 months
-Carbon Dioxide and NOx Emission green tech consultation for US and Australia Power Plants
-Managing Experience on construction field (+20 labors)
-Proposals and Project Management Experience( Also worked as a project engineer)
During Master's: ****,
Research Assistant (Merid-based Graduate Assistant ship, full funded tuition for master's degree)
Worked for 7 months during Master's Degree
2) Your GMAT:
Targeting 700+ (Currently studying)
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
**** (First tier Tech school), 3.05, Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, May 2007 (Dean's list in Junior and Senior Year)
**** (First tier Tech school), 3.50, Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Dec 2007 (Fully Funded + Merit based assistantship because of a Research Assistant Position, Dean's List)
**** (First tier Tech school), 3.50, Graduate Certificate in Project Management, June 2009 (Funded through **** Energy)
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
- Secretary in Video Game Club
- Treasury in Korean Graduate Student Association
- Various field experience (International and Domestic, +10 job sites) in **** Energy
- Successfully finished several projects for ongoing Coal Power Plants in US and Australia
- Managed Labors(+20) in Construction sites
- Finished 4 weeks South Korean Army Training
- Managed +20 labors in Carbon Fiber Process Line
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Fluent in English and Korean (Professional Level in Writing and Oral)
6) Your target programs.
Stanford GSB, UC Berkeley HAAS, Cornell Johnson
MIT Sloan, Upenn
7) Your post-MBA goal.
Finance & Consulting
Luck is the additional surplus on the way to one's constant effort.