Can you please evaluate my profile and let me know if my target schools are reasonable and what I'll need to do to improve my application?
GMAT: 690 (Q46,V38)
- CFA Level 3 Candidate
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering at a good Canadian university.
- Six-Sigma Management Methodology - Green Belt Associate Certification
- Awarded a scholarship for the CFA L1 exam
GPA: havnt calculated my GPA, but i have an average of about 70% (engineering is extremely intense at my university and a 70% is considered pretty decent. I guess i could elaborate this point further and also mention that I passed the first two levels of the CFA program in an optional essay on my applications?).
Demographic: 25/M/Canadian of East Indian origin living and working in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- 1 year with a Big4, senior consultant in the Transaction Advisory service line in Bahrain (promoted within first year)
- 2 years with a Big4, associate in the Assurance service line in Bahrain (2 promotions in 2 years)
- 16 months with General Electric, electrical engineering intern in Canada
I have spoken to my referees (senior management at Big4) and im fairly positive that I could get solid recommendations from them.
Extra curricular: some charity work, captain of local football team, marathon participant, silver medal at chess competition, community involvment, organizing social events at work - nothing too out of the ordinary to be honest.
Im thinkin about applying for September 2013, so I should have got another year of experience by then. Should i consider writing the GMAT for the second time or should i focus on applications? im fairly confident i could bring it up to around 720-730 if i put in a lot of effort.
Im currently interested in (no particular order).
- Richard Ivey(Canada)
Are these schools within reach? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton!