Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation-- preliminary search

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation-- preliminary search [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 14:38
Hi All--

I am looking into doing an MBA/International Relations dual degree program, but have recently begun to look at MBA stand-alone programs as well. Basically, I just need a bit of help narrowing my search and finding realistic schools given my background. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated. I intend to take the GMAT this year and begin applications in October.

1) Basic demographic info: 24, Male, American

2) Educational Background:

--3.79 Undergrad GPA at small liberal arts school. majored in philosophy and political science
--no gmat score yet, but my percentile GRE percentile was about 85, which would put me on a general track for 680.
--minor grad school work with all good marks in a non-degree program. Statistics and macroecon.

3) Work experience: what is your current role? Have you had any promotions? What industry do you work in? For how long have you worked?

-- Currently in fundraising for a international non-profit organization working in democracy promotion. Hired as an intern and promoted twice in 2.5 years. Several other internships in public policy, and in Congress, but this is the bulk of my work experience.

5) Short/Long term goals: what do you want to do after your MBA? Any geographic preferences?
No solid goals. looking for management credentials for non-profit work, but also interested in startup and international business.

6) Schools: Which schools have you considered already? Any on your initial short list?

Looking at Georgetown's McDonough school to couple with their School for Foreign Service. However, also interested in where I generally land in the rankings. What would be a reach and what would be a target school for my profile?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Profile Evaluation-- preliminary search   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2013, 14:38