Could you please suggest few programs which would be suitable for my profile.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
10+ years.. around 8 years in consulting & project management role in large scale ERP implementation projects for clients such as GE, Cummins & DHL. Currently, working as a Program Manager in an electronics manufacturing company.
Salary : $100K+ PA , but don't have enough savings to go for any exorbitant expensive executive MBA programs
Age : 32
2) Your GMAT: First attempt, appeared last week & got 690 (Q48, V37) . I registered on Friday, and took the exam on Saturday. I was quite confident of 720+, but somehow got lost in QA section & that affected my Verbal score. I 'll appear again in 2-3 months time, and now targeting 740+
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
NIT, India, Avg GPA
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
I have been part of the CSR teams in all my previous companies. I have few stuffs to write here , and 'll give my-self a positive point.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
Nothing great but have done few in last 10 years
CPIM from APICS
PMP from PMI
Some technical certifications
6) Your target programs.
I need your help. I am looking for 1 year full-time programs which can add value to my career.
I would like to continue my job in SCM/Operations domain.
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
8) Your post-MBA goal.
To be in a role (such as Director Operations in a Mfg company, IT Consulting company) where I would get a chance to innovate the business processes.
Have you considered the Sloan Fellows programs at MIT Sloan
, Stanford, and LBS
? These are one-year full-time programs for people in middle management aiming for senior management. They usually require at least 10 years of work experience. Check them out.
If you want to look into full-time traditional two-year programs and you do earn that 740, consider MIT, Kellogg, Ross, CMU Tepper, and Wharton. If your GMAT doesn't go up, consider CMU Tepper, Ross, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan State, UT, and Indiana Kelley.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog