Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 14:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 10:18
Hi Scott,

Thanks in advance for reviewing my profile. This is an excellent service provided by you and GMATClub.

I am a white male, age 24. I am planning on applying to MBA programs starting in the Fall of 2012 or 2013.

Education: BS in Finance from Brigham Young University, 3.6 GPA

Work Experience: Currently just one year full-time at a mid-size software company. I did, however, serve a full-time LDS mission in Japan and I understand some schools consider this to be relevant full-time work experience. I speak Japanese fluently and am decent at writing in Japanese. I worked at the software company I currently work at for a year as an intern (20 hrs. per week), was hired on as a Credit Analyst after graduation in April 2010, was promoted to manager of the intern team in October of 2010, and was just promoted to manager of the department (I manage the intern team as well as 5 full-time Credit Analysts).

GMAT: Took for the first time a few weeks ago and scored a 770 (Q:50, V:46)

Extracurricular Activities: Very active in my church community. I am the scout master for the 12-13 year old boys at our church.

Post-MBA Industry: Thinking about moving into investment banking or private equity.

Desired Schools: Harvard/Stanford/Wharton
Realistic Range: Chicago/NYU/Columbia
Safety: Duke/Texas/BYU

I realize I will only have a bit more than 2 years of full-time work experience upon matriculation, but am hoping my mission in Japan will offset this to some extent. I know this is a very difficult task, but I was hoping you could assess my chances of getting into one of the top three schools. Right now I am most interested in Harvard and Wharton. Also, do you think there are different schools (other than those I provided) that I should apply to that might fit my profile/goals better? My intent is to move into I Banking or private equity after obtaining an MBA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2011, 15:03
Expert's post
For i-banking, you might also consider Columbia and Chicago Booth. I think you have a good shot at these 5 schools based on what you show in your profile. Your top GMAT coupled iwht the unique offering of being Mormon (an underrepresented class) will help you stand out. And yes, your international mission to Japan can certainly count as "professional" experience, especially since you conducted your tour in a second language. Let us know if we can help guide your application prep process.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews