Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 04:40
Hi Stacy,

Can you please evaluate my profile for the following MBA programmes for the batch starting in 2012:
1. MIT Sloan
2. Kellogg schhol of management
3. Michigan Ross
4. INSEAD
5. IIM-A

Here are my details:
29.5 years old male, Indian
graduated from an IIT in India
GPA: 7.8/10 (Class toppers get 9.2 - 9.3 types)
GMAT: 770

I am currently working as a Group Manager leading a team of 50 people across 10 nationalities in the Eastern Europe office of an Indian KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing) firm. I am leading Operations in this office. I have approx 2 years of international work experience (in this office). In my essays, I can claim the credit to have more than doubled the monthly revenues and grown this team from 15 to 50 employees in this time period. I was conferred 'Leadership Excellence Award' in the company.

Before being transferred to the Eastern Europe office of the company, I was also awarded with 'Distinguished employee award' from the client.

I have been promoted thrice in the first 4.5 years of my professional career, to rise from a Business analyst to a Group Manager and I am continuing as a Group Manager since last 1.5 years. My total work exp till date is 6 years, and all in the same company. However, the firm is young and such promotion story is not uncommon.

To be honest, I have not done anything Extracurricular and community service to include in my application.

Please provide a critical view of my profile and my chances of selection.

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 09:03
Expert's post
Hi mbaaspiration2012,

Thanks for posting. You have an impressive candidacy. In particular, congratulations on your GMAT score.

With regards to your application, what will get you accepted is how you differentiate yourself. There is nothing in your application that will disqualify you, but you will need to express in your essays and letters of recommendations your leadership skills to separate yourself from the many competitive candidates.

We have a case study that discusses how one candidate did this: http://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehens ... ies/case2/

I hope this was of help. Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 05:08
Hi Stacy,

I would love to have feedback from you regarding my profile. I'm targetting a 2 year full time program in the US starting Fall 2012.

GMAT score: 740 (Q50/V41), AWA 6.0
I completed my B.E. in Electrical Engineering in 2008 from Delhi College of Engineering, one of India's premier engineering schools. Was in the top 10% of my batch.

I have been working with the Climate Change & Sustainability Services practice at Ernst & Young, India since June 2008. I joined as an Associate Consultant and was promoted last year. I have worked across sectors and on various solutions in the climate change space.

I continue to work in the climate change space post my MBA as well but in a different role.

Would be great to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor