Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Profile evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2011, 22:46
GMAT
700 (q49\v35), 5.5 AWA

Education

10th: 78%
12th: 83%
Degree: 74%

Did my schooling from the one of the top three boarding schools in India and went on for Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in electronics and communication for VTU, the 12th best university in India.
Stood second in my college and bagged three job offers.

I topped the University in 2 subjects in 4th semester.

Work Experience – total 4.5 years till March 2012

I am working in a top India IT company as a senior systems engineer.
I am currently leading a team of 4. We have implemented many critical projects for a British client.
Excellent reviews and awards and I can furnish recommendation from my GPM.

Community Service -

I have an excellent Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) experience. I have been a part of the Infosys Notebooks drive which strives to provide free note books and stationary to poor and under privileged students living in distant villages. I am proud to state that we as a team have distributed free notebooks to 44,000 students in 400 villages in and around Karnataka. We collected a total of $56,000 from our Bangalore division for this noble cause and I was involved in this whole process from its inception to its end. Our achievement was covered by many newspapers and magazines and we all were appreciated by our company’s top management.

Leadership Experience -
I formed a team of enthusiastic members who were willing to teach at a local school. We take up regular weekend classes at various schools for under privileged children. The name of our CSR (corporate social responsibility) group is ‘Infosys Pragati’

Extra Curricular and sports:

I was the captain of our school’s swimming team, took part in various inter and intra college events.
I was also part of our school band as a guitarist and performed in school cultural events.

Post MBA Goal:

Work as a IT Consultant in US or New Zealand.

Schools:

Cornell
Olin
Kenan Flagler
Mc Combs
Maryland
Tepper
Hass
Notre dame
Nanyang- Singapore
NUS

I will be glad if you can pin point admissions to which B schools are a feasible for me.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile evaluation Request [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2011, 11:51
Expert's post
You have an excellent profile and frankly the only challenge I see with any of the schools you listed will be in making sure you distinguish yourself from other applicants with a similar background. As you likely know, your applicant pool is a very deep one, so every year it becomes important for applicants to ask themselves how they stand out from the proberbial crowd.

Right off the bat, I can tell you are very passionate about the things you do both inside and outside the classroom. Demonstrating leadership in the endeavors your undertake is very attractive to adcoms, and they will appreciate your high marks and achievements. The key will be in weaving these accomplishments together into a cohesive whole, where you are showing the adcoms you have what it takes to succeed in school and get a job after b-school. It will likely work in your favor that you have a post MBA vision which connects logically to your previous experience. While b-school is a historical venue for changing careers, again since you hail from a crowded applicant pool, it could help you stand out to have a post MBA vision which ties into your prior career. Please let us know if you would like an extra set of eyes and ears as you prepare your applications.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews