Hi, please give feedback on my profile below. I will be applying during Round 2 of admissions this year:
1) Age: 26, Gender: Male, Nationality: Vietnamese, US Resident
Bachelor of Business Administration (2006) graduated in only 3 years from a local US University
Major: Business Computer Information Systems
GMAT: 720 (Q:50, V:38) AWA: 4.5 (first attempt April 2011)
3) Work Ex: 4.5 years in sales/marketing: started from the bottom as a sales rep for 1.5 yrs then moved up to owning/managing a sales/marketing business for about 2 year with about 20+ employees. Closed down business due to slow economy. Work as a Marketing Director / Office Manager for a year until that company was closed down as well. Been unemployed since March. Recently a part-time GMAT instructor for The Princeton Review
Very active during college: International Student Association (Treasurer, President), Association of Information Technology Professionals (Vice President), Circle K International, Student Ambassador, Senior Student Senator, Monster Diversity Leadership Program, etc.
Post-college: Abandoned Little Angels, University of Houston MBA Global Experience, owner weekend in Orlando and the Bahamas, new manager/owner weekend in Boston, top leader meetings in Dallas.
5) Achievements & Awards: Various scholarships covered all of my tuition and fees, Man of the Year, Outstanding BCIS student, Clark Scholar (highest award for Junior), Presidential Award, various honor societies, 3rd place in Database Design Contest at the 11th Annual National Collegiate Conference for AITP,
Achievement Award for Outstanding Manager/Owner.
5) Goal: short-term: management consultant at one of the top global management consulting companies, such as Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, and Bain.
long-term: open an international consulting company in Vietnam. I would like to make a great impact on my country’s transformation process, making it the biggest offshore outsourcing hub
6) Recommendations: 1 from the manager I have been working for 4 years, 1 from the direct supervisor.
7) Universities: Any from the top 15 MBA will be great...