Any feedback on my profile would be much appreciated:
1) Work experience: 1 year investment banking at HSBC in London, 2 years at a private equity fund in London due to be promoted to Associate
2) GMAT: 690 (38V, 47Q); 6 AWA; 6 IR (taken twice: scored both time 690 but had low quant score first time round and a extremely high verbal now more balanced)
3) College info: Graduated in 2010 with a BSc in Accounting and Finance from University of Warwick in the UK with a Hons 2:1
4) Strong extra-circular: president of student committee at school; running the largest student run festival in the area during time at uni; elected hall rep at uni; etc.
5) FSA approved person
6) target programs: Harvard, INSEAD, Stanford, Wharton
7) Planning to apply in September 2013 for entry september 2014
8) Your post-MBA goal: either move to consulting or to continue within the private equity sector in Asia
9) Other: Italian; speak 3 languages; lived in 7 countries since a kid; 25 yrs old
Everything is highly competitive except that GMAT which is low given your academic background, work experience, target programs, and goals. Your most likely acceptance is INSEAD, but you have a chance at all four programs. Your international background combined with good work experience should help you.
Please let me know if you would like help with your MBA applications.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog