You have very good profile with good acads & GMAT scores. You must write about your leadership responsibility and achievements at work place in application essays and demonstrate ability to work with others, professionalism, maturity & other aptitudes during the final interviews. If you are able to work on above pointers and position well in application essays then you would definitely stand a good chance in your shortlisted b-schools.
Other than your list of b-schools you may target Kellogg, Ross, Wharton, Booth, Duke, MIT-Sloan, LBS, Oxford and Cornell as well. These a few good schools with high % placement rate in consulting post-MBA. You may also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php
Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for discussion in length on selection of b-schools.
Please evaluate my profile - Specific questions are at the end
GMAT: 740 (Q50, V39, AWA 4.5, IR 6)
WORK EXPERIENCE: July 2010 - Present (2 years 11 months)
Working as Drilling Fluids Field Engineer for one of the top 3 oilfield products and service providers in the world.
• Managed delivery of drilling fluids products & services in 20 Oil & Gas exploration projects with median drilling fluids budget of $500,000.
• Responsibilities included but not limited to drilling fluids formulation and management, daily reporting & costing, inventory & contingency management and ensuring adherence to HSE standards.
• Worked on offshore & onshore drilling sites in multiple countries viz. Papua New Guinea, Oman, Bangladesh, Gulf of Thailand, Bangladesh & India for elite national and international energy companies. Worked with multinational personnel in culturally diverse, highly dynamic and often harsh work environs.
• Attended professional training courses in USA along with engineers and managers from multiple nationalities.
• Successfully led teams of 10 or more members of local drilling crews as drilling fluids site supervisor.
• Trained and assessed junior field engineers and technology scientists in the area of rig operations management.
Achievements at Work:
• Successfully tested two new technologies for 2 different clients on rig site which increased oil well production, and also increased revenue for my company.
• As a presenter in the Know Your PSL sessions, educated company Business Development team about drilling and completion fluids, niche technology, customer challenges, market limitations etc. and helped in the development of business expansion strategy in India.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Optimized resources & strategically modified shop floor layout using KAIZEN methodology for a CNG & LPG Kits manufacturer. Implemented standard safety norms at shop floors and imparted operational training to workers. This resulted in decreased in-process inventory, safer working conditions and 30% increment in plant productivity.
• Developed market entry & distribution strategy for a local Speed Limiting Device manufacturer. Led to 40% sales escalation by incorporation of OEMs, vehicle retailer tie-ups and setup of 3 retro fitting centers.
• As convener, led a team of 100 students to organize the annual cultural festival of my undergraduate school. Arranged a total sponsorship of $ 60,000 for the festival, which recorded a footfall of 20,000 over 4 days.
• Served as Public Relations Coordinator of a non-profit organization aimed at creating awareness against terrorism.
• As Head of Student Council in senior high school, organized various cultural, academic and sports events and represented school at national level.
Bachelor Of Engg., Manufacturing Processes & Automation from one of the top 8 engineering institutes of India. SCORE - 75%, Top 20% of the class.
Class XII - 91% - Merit Scholarship
Class X - 95 % - All India Rank #16, Merit Scholarship.
Harvard (2014-16 Batch) September
ISB, India (2014-15 Batch) April
INSEAD, France (2015 Batch) January
IE, Spain (2015-16 Batch)
Queens, Canada (2015-16 Batch)
POST MBA GOALS
I want to work in a business development role for a operator company like Chevron, BP, Exxon Mobil or Repsol etc. or as a consultant in the Oil & Gas practice of consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain and BCG to advice oil companies on upstream strategy and operations management.
1. General Evaluation of my profile.
2. My chances at my target schools?
3. Based on my post MBA goals, please suggest more target schools and also advice whether my current target schools are the right choice. I am still not able to identify the schools I should apply to
4. Considering the financial conditions and reducing no. of employment visas being granted in Europe, is a huge investment worth it?
I am having a hard time choosing the schools.
Thanks & Regards,
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school