“Indian IT male”
Schools Aiming for -
1. LBS (Dream)
2. ISB - India
5. NUS - Singapore
6. MFE – Haas 2011 (Not MBA)
7. INSEAD Jan 2011 intake I am considering these 3 US schools because they all have International non-co-signer Loan for this year admits 1. Is it un-realistic to apply to MIT/Chicago in R1 with my profile? Please evaluate.
2. Should I look for schools other than listed above (considering they assisst in International no-cosigner loan)?
3. For iBanking and for my profile, which is the best among Ross, Darden, Yale?
4. Howz NUS for ibanking placement in Singapore. As per my knowledge, it is not bad. But I want some expert comments on this…
Basic demographic info: M,27,Indian
GMAT – 740
AWA 4.5Interest – Asset Management in hedge fund/ibankShort/Long term goals:
short – researching for Asset Management/hedge fund
Long – portfolio manager
Preference – working in financial hubs – London/NY Total work Ex:
5.3 years till Oct 2009
– 2.3 years (current)
India – 3 years)
Permanent Employee of an Indian IT Company.Working onsite – South Africa for their client. Working on Equity Derivative/Interest rates trading tool - trade capture, writing derivative pricing function(in Java/C++) for Market Risk, working closely with the Risk Analysts and provide technology consultation to Market/Credit Risk department of an iBank.Education – Professional Risk Manager (PRM designation) - 2009
Have got best performer award from Client for setting up a trading desk recently. Role in that project was BA + Application Developer.
My current job involves a lot of people involvement and co-ordination among different teams located in SA and UK but this is not exactly a Team Lead or Project Lead job.
Previous Exp – led an offshore team of 8 members in a production support project in an Indian IT Company for their US based Client. Won the ‘best employee of the quarter award’ for leading a team and participating in grooming of new members in the team.
CFA L2 candidate (2010). Passed CFA L1 in July, 2009
B.Tech from NIT(REC) - Electrical EngineeringExtracurricular –
decent in college. Organized Tech n Cultural fests. arranged for local sponsorships for organizing these events in colleg.
Won accolades in Robotics and paper presentations in national level etc…
Won a 1st and a 3rd position in 2 National Level Robotics contests in 2003
Is a part of the Cricket team of the current company.
Actively participated in few charity works in SA..I was planning to apply for Columbia/Stern...but none of them are assisting with no-cosigner international loans this year...so only MIT/Chicago/LBS remain as dream schools..because Stanford/Wharton are too elite to get into without extra ordinary profiles I think. Please correct me if I am wrong..