gave my gmat yesterday..got 720(Q48 V41). Now faced with the question - which schools am i looking at with this score and my profile!?
Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal Institute of Technology (among the top 15 colgs in India) - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude
Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.63/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)
- completing the course in may 2012
GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA (expected >5)
Work Ex: None as of yet. Aiming to apply for Fall 2014.
- Gonna work as a Consultant in one of the Big 4 consulting firms from June 2012 ( So can clock in 2 years work
ex. by the time of applying to colgs)
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and sugestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of Masters project.
Positions of Responsibility:
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, etc.)
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament
Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat?? I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or human resource development.