Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 720

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: AGSM '16
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 07:53
hello

I secured a 720(Q48 V41 AWA 6) in gmat. Now faced with the question - which schools am i looking at with this score and my profile!?

Profile:

male/23/ Indian

Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal Institute of Technology (among the top 15 colgs in India) - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude

Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.65/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)

GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA (6)

Work Ex: Consultant(Energy) in one of the Big 4 consulting firms from June 2012 (Planning to apply for Fall 2014 - clocking in a little over 2 years of work exp)
- Currently spearheading projects in the fields of public policy centered on energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Active in CSR activities as well as intra office activities

Projects:
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and sugestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of Masters thesis.

Extra Curriculars:
Positions of Responsibility:
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, etc.
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)

Sports:
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament

Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat?? I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or strategy.

Thanks!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [1] , given: 6

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 720 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 21:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Varun,

You can target b-schools for 2014 intake whose GMAT range fall between 590-740 like: Haas, Duke, Darden, Ross, Cornell, McCombs, Booth, Kellogg, Tuck, Tepper, Kenan-Flagler , ISB and USC-Marshall. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool. Well you can mention about headship qualities, skills and professional achievements in your application essays & demonstrate the same during final interviews.

Let me know in case of other concerns you might have.

Cheers!!
Neha
Giving KUDOS is a decent way of saying thanks…

varunkbvp wrote:
hello

I secured a 720(Q48 V41 AWA 6) in gmat. Now faced with the question - which schools am i looking at with this score and my profile!?

Profile:

male/23/ Indian

Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal Institute of Technology (among the top 15 colgs in India) - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude

Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.65/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)

GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA (6)

Work Ex: Consultant(Energy) in one of the Big 4 consulting firms from June 2012 (Planning to apply for Fall 2014 - clocking in a little over 2 years of work exp)
- Currently spearheading projects in the fields of public policy centered on energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Active in CSR activities as well as intra office activities

Projects:
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and sugestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of Masters thesis.

Extra Curriculars:
Positions of Responsibility:
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, etc.
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)

Sports:
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament

Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat?? I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or strategy.

Thanks!!

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Profile Evaluation Request - GMAT 720   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2013, 21:18