You can target b-schools for 2014 intake whose GMAT range fall between 590-740 like: Haas, Duke, Darden, Ross, Cornell, McCombs, Booth, Kellogg, Tuck, Tepper, Kenan-Flagler , ISB and USC-Marshall. You can also try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool
. Well you can mention about headship qualities, skills and professional achievements in your application essays & demonstrate the same during final interviews.
Let me know in case of other concerns you might have.
NehaGiving KUDOS is a decent way of saying thanks…
I secured a 720(Q48 V41 AWA 6) in gmat. Now faced with the question - which schools am i looking at with this score and my profile!?
Undergrad: ( B. E. -Chemical Engineering) - from Manipal Institute of Technology (among the top 15 colgs in India) - 2010
- graduated summa cum laude
Masters: (M. Tech. - Energy Studies) - from IIT Delhi ( among the top 3 colgs in India) - 2012
- gpa of 8.65/10 ( among the top 5 on the class)
GMAT: 720 - Q48 (80th percentile) and V41(92nd percentile), AWA (6)
Work Ex: Consultant(Energy) in one of the Big 4 consulting firms from June 2012 (Planning to apply for Fall 2014 - clocking in a little over 2 years of work exp)
- Currently spearheading projects in the fields of public policy centered on energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Active in CSR activities as well as intra office activities
- conducted an energy audit of a petroleum refinery for 6 months, the observations and sugestions of which resulted in significant savings for the refinery. (Undergrad project)
- developed a new diesel fuel (diesel microemulsion fuel) as a part of Masters thesis.
Positions of Responsibility:
- M. Tech. Representative in the Students Affairs Council during Graduation ( Masters program)
- Was the President of the Student Council during Under Grad. - work involved conducting fests, student welfare activites, community service activities, etc.
- Management Captain of a team that designed and built a baja to take part in the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) International Baja Competition 2009 (ranked 62nd out of 120). Work involved procuring funds for the project, advertising, budgeting and a lot of co-ordinating with the colg authorities.
- Secretary of a National Technical Club (Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers)
- a career in free style skating (1995 to 2004)- won national level prizes (gold - 11, silver - 8, bronze -6)
- badminton player - member of the colg team during Under Grad.
- Chess: ranked 16th in the state level open chess tournament
Could you pls give me an idea as to which schools could i consider "safe" or competitive or stretch with this profile and a 720 on the gmat?? I am very keen to pursue an mba in technology management or strategy.
GMAT - 740: Work Ex - 9 years: MBA - HEC,Paris (Top European B - School)
Grad - Top 20 College in Asia