Engineering (Electronics & Telecomm.)GPA:
710 (Q48 V39)Work experience:
2yrs at MatriculationWE1:
Resource Mobilization Coordinator at the India arm of an international NGO.
- Responsibilities include Marketing, branding, fundraising & student programs.
- Have started a line of merchandize for the NGO,
- started up 5+ student clubs in various schools across Mumbai
- Being sent to China for a student conference & student programs training
- Organizing the first ever fundraiser event for the NGO
Along with my day job I have also started an ecommerce business
selling laptop skins which I design and print myself (The website will go live sometime next month)
A percentage of each sale will be donated to a charity
I also do free-lance graphic designing for logos and business cardsInternship:
1 month as a Research Analyst Trainee at an Ecological solutions company
- Background research for many of the articles in a book published by the firmExtracurriculars:
- Calculated & presented data on Carbon storage in Indian tiger reserves & Green initiatives at airports around the world
- Research report on Ecology & Human Well-being in India
- Research on wireless electricity
Amateur T-shirt designer, Volunteered on 6 missions across for the NGO I work for (will be volunteering on at least 6 more till matriculation), Creative Head of undergrad IEEE chapter (2008-09), Chief editor college magazine (2008-09), Financial Head College Magazine (2007-08), some volunteering with a local rotary clubConcentration:
Marketing, Brand Management, EntrepreneurshipShort term goals:
: Work as brand manager in Luxury Retail/ Entertainment, MediaLong term goals:
Start up own marketing/brand management firm with a dedicated arm for helping Non-profits with their marketing & brand mgmt strategy at subsidized rates or pro bonoSchools:
Applied to UCLA, NYU, Chicago & UC Davis last year. I plan to re-apply to these schools along with Kellogg, Berkley, Insead this year.
What do you think my chances are at these universities? Are there any other schools I should look at for these concentrations?
Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss