Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 00:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request... target schools and GMAT score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request... target schools and GMAT score [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2010, 03:33
Hi ,

Would appreciate your thoughts on my profile :

Sex:F
Education: Btech (Elect and communication) 2003
Marks: 80 (absolute marking, highest being less than 90 not sure how to convert it to GPA)

Experience:
7years
5 years (2003-2008) : Telecom Govt sector
2+ years (since June 2008): MNC telecom firm in India : Sr Engineer

Extracurriculars
took part in dramatics/plays etc in school/college
one of the oraganizers of the annual fest
creative writing, poems etc (hobby)

Awards And recogs
Many at college level
finalist in a major Microsoft Compettion(2007)
Numerous awards at current company:
Innovator of the month,quarter ,outstanding teamwork ,outstanding contributor etc (around 10-12 in 2 years)
Mentored and trained new employees (here as well as a previous job)
Single point of contact for innovation etc.

Working in a international team ,requiring constant/daily interaction with European teams with one small trip abroad

Rec Letters : Will be able to get good rec letters from current as well as previous managers

GMAT : have not taken yet .

Target Schools :
Harvard,MIT,Yale,Chicago ,Wharton,Kellog,Tuck... Oxford,Insead,Cambridge,Hass or suggest any other depending on my profile.

What are my chances of getting admission in top 20 colleges ,and suggest some safe colleges for me . Havent yet given GMAT ,what's the target score should I keep in mind for top 20 colleges and safe colleges.Will my Low GPA be any hindrance in getting an admit and also though I am working in an international team but havent been there except for a small trip so will that still count as a relevant international exp.

Thanks and Regards
Ekta S
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Profile Evaluation Request... target schools and GMAT score [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2010, 08:27
Per the GMAT, you want to aim as high as possible (obviously). If you're gearing for the top 5 b-schools, you'd want to aim for at least a 700, ideally 740+. If you're going for the bottom of the food chain (USC, Johnson, Tepper, etc.), a 680 will put you at the ballpark. Age-wise, you're on the older side of the dotted line when it comes to Harvard and Stanford, as these two schools prefer younger candidates. However, if you're going to apply to a range of schools (Harvard, Columbia, Darden, Johnson, USC), you should be able to get in at least one of them. My recommendation is to apply this year and don't wait anymore. You're dangling on the sideline of a FT MBA and an EMBA if you wait just a couple more years.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Profile Evaluation Request... target schools and GMAT score   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2010, 08:27