Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Required - Urgent

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Required - Urgent [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 11:54
Hi.. I am Aashish from Chennai, India. I am planning to take up my GMAT sometime in the month of September, 2011. Before that I would like to have my profile evaluated and also would like to know what are my chances of getting into the top 25 B-schools in the world. My profile goes like this..

I finished my engg in 2006. I started my career in IT in Feb 2007 in HCL Technologies top 5 IT companies in India. Worked till August 2009. My profile was more on the software testing. In October 2009 I joined Career Launcher India Ltd (Educational Company) on the Business Development and working with them currently. I am working currently as Sr. Executive - Business development but I am expecting a growth and should be made the Business Development Manager. Also in School my Grade 10 - 80%, Grade 12 - 87.5% and my UG - 75.4%. I wanted to know what are my chances if I have a GMAT score of 700.

Awaiting reply.

Thanks,
Aashish
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Representative
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Evaluation Required - Urgent [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 15:17
Expert's post
Hi aashishmj,

Business schools are going to look at your undergraduate record, GMAT score, work experience (history of progression, leadership experience), extracurricular activities, letters of recommendations, and personal essays. Personal essays and letters of recommendations will play a critical role, and unfortunately there are so many factors that with the information you have written it is difficult to give a yes or no answer. Regardless, you should study hard for the GMAT and aim for at least a 700 on the test.

If you'd like, you can sign up here for a free 30 minute consultation: http://www.stacyblackman.com/contact

Someone will be able to better hear more about your candidacy and will be able to answer all of your questions.

Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Stacy Blackman | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com | +1 323.934.3936
MBA blogger, US News and Author, The MBA Application Roadmap

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Profile Evaluation Required - Urgent [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 16:49
I do agree that one needs a 700 atleast on the GMAT, given all other factors are about average for one's candidacy for the top 25 B-schools.