Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 03:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Thanks!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Thanks! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 22:41
Background
- Chinese Canadian, can speak, read, write in mandarin, cantonese, and english fluently
- Solid understanding of Chinese culture
- Grew up in Canada and worked in Hong Kong for two years - solid understanding of both western and asian culture

Education
- GPA 3.8 graduated in Accounting in Canadian University
- GMAT score of 720

Work Experience
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Forensic Consulting Associate for two years
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountant) certified

Extracurricular
- During school I was president of a club hosting tutorial sessions and my biggest achievement was initiating a batch of online tutorials which impacted ~1000 first/second year students
- University tennis team - was ranked #1 in tennis tournaments during high school
- Held VP positions in various different clubs including sport clubs, case competition clubs, as well as other business clubs
- After graduation I volunteer with my university's alumni club, occassionally travelling to china for charity work

Career Goal
- Management consulting, venture capital, and private equity
- Long term want to work in China

Please let me know which MBA schools I should target and what experience I should highlight in my application. Thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Thanks! [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 09:18
You have a good profile. If you have just 2 years work experience with less leadership experience, it might be pulling your application down. How many years of experience will you have on joining day of your MBA? Were you successful at PWC? (awards, promotions, etc)

On the extra curricular activities, you should definitely highlight your role at university alumni club. Bschools tend to like it.

I need more information to advise you on the schools. Good luck!

http://www.interviewbay.com
- Get ready for the interview

jasonchow24 wrote:
Background
- Chinese Canadian, can speak, read, write in mandarin, cantonese, and english fluently
- Solid understanding of Chinese culture
- Grew up in Canada and worked in Hong Kong for two years - solid understanding of both western and asian culture

Education
- GPA 3.8 graduated in Accounting in Canadian University
- GMAT score of 720

Work Experience
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Forensic Consulting Associate for two years
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountant) certified

Extracurricular
- During school I was president of a club hosting tutorial sessions and my biggest achievement was initiating a batch of online tutorials which impacted ~1000 first/second year students
- University tennis team - was ranked #1 in tennis tournaments during high school
- Held VP positions in various different clubs including sport clubs, case competition clubs, as well as other business clubs
- After graduation I volunteer with my university's alumni club, occassionally travelling to china for charity work

Career Goal
- Management consulting, venture capital, and private equity
- Long term want to work in China

Please let me know which MBA schools I should target and what experience I should highlight in my application. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Thanks! [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 17:45
Thanks for the reply interviewbay!

A little bit more about my PwC life:
- Promoted to Senior Associate half a year ago, will have 3.5 years of work experience upon joining date of MBA
- Leaedrship experience with leading newly joined associates: assigning tasks to associates, explaining to them the importance and relevance of the task they're assigned to, and helping them solve any problems they come across.

My work comprises mostly of:
- Analyzing company financial statements, e-mails, as well as intercompany relationships to ensure everything they reported is accurate and no fraud is involved
- Traveling to different parts of Asia (China, Japan, Hong Kong etc.) to meet with clients and discuss their needs (Learned a great deal about doing business in Asia and conducting myself in a professional manner in front of clients)

Thanks for all the help and please let me know should you need any additional information!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Thanks! [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 15:47
You have an average experience at PwC. You have to dig deep into your experience and come up with good examples for your essays. Spend a lot of time on writing and reviewing your essays. They will make or break your application. Good luck!

www.interviewbay.com
- Get ready for the interview.

jasonchow24 wrote:
Thanks for the reply interviewbay!

A little bit more about my PwC life:
- Promoted to Senior Associate half a year ago, will have 3.5 years of work experience upon joining date of MBA
- Leaedrship experience with leading newly joined associates: assigning tasks to associates, explaining to them the importance and relevance of the task they're assigned to, and helping them solve any problems they come across.

My work comprises mostly of:
- Analyzing company financial statements, e-mails, as well as intercompany relationships to ensure everything they reported is accurate and no fraud is involved
- Traveling to different parts of Asia (China, Japan, Hong Kong etc.) to meet with clients and discuss their needs (Learned a great deal about doing business in Asia and conducting myself in a professional manner in front of clients)

Thanks for all the help and please let me know should you need any additional information!
Re: Profile Evaluation - Thanks!   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2012, 15:47