Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Quant Strategy - Help!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Quant Strategy - Help!!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 23:24
When you’re drowning, you don’t say ‘I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,’ you just scream!

I've been preparing for some time on quant (a few months on and off) and I'm still not confident of solving even slightly difficult problems. My problem is this: I don't seem to remember the stuff I studied, especially the formulas. :oops: A recent example is the speed and distance formulas, where there are three formulas to calculate average speed in three different cases and I kept interchanging them or forgot the formula altogether..

I really admire those who are able to do well at Quant and I would appreciate some suggestions on how to improve Quant. I have the Manhattan Guides, OG and Kaplan along with other study prep material. Please take a few minutes to give your suggestions. Thanks!!!

But there’s something in me that just keeps going on. I think it has something to do with tomorrow, that there is always one, and that everything can change when it comes.
http://aimingformba.blogspot.com

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 177

Kudos [?]: 933 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Quant Strategy - Help!!! [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 09:44
My quick advice is to take a particular topic and master it. Then only move to other step.

Try to find all the speed problems and solve them.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Quant Strategy - Help!!! [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 07:11
Ok I've got your exact same problem.....yes you have to master the topic but at the end of every week make sure you practice a mixer of questions of all the topics you've learned.....this is going to be my strategy going forward....try to see if it works for you.
Re: Quant Strategy - Help!!!   [#permalink] 04 May 2010, 07:11