Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 18:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 17:19
I've completed the OG12, OG13 (different problems), and Quantitative Review. I have a detailed problem log and i continue to go back and repeat problems i'm not good at. So in other words i've exhausted those 3 sources.

But Now I have 2 weeks left and I'm not sure if I should go over the GMAT prep banks (about 800 questions total) or just pick higher level questions on the forums from gmat prep. There is no sorting in the GMAT prep banks so I might waste a lot of time on very low level problems. Along with other things I need to do, there's no way I can finish 800 questions.

overall info:
my last gmat prep i scored a 49 on quantitative, though I think i could fluctuate between 46-49 pretty easily.

also i've done all but one of the manhattan gmat tests, but i'd prefer to stick to official questions.

thanks for any advice
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 33

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 09:47
why dont you solve the 700+ level questions posted by Bunuel in both PS &DS? you can find the links to these questions in Bunuel's signature. These questions are pretty awesome with clear explanations!
Manager
Manager

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 15:58
vibhav wrote:
why dont you solve the 700+ level questions posted by Bunuel in both PS &DS? you can find the links to these questions in Bunuel's signature. These questions are pretty awesome with clear explanations!

hey thanks for the advice. I just checked it out. These are not all from GMAT prep right? I was hoping to focus on official material.. any idea if there is a list of GMAT prep specific problems 700+?

if not i may just do what you mentioned since I don't see that many questions anyway.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 17:26
as i read from bunuel's msgs, some of these questions are from gmat prep, but not all. Nonetheless i have been solving these tests myself lately and the quality is good! you learn something new with every question.
Manager
Manager

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 23:52
vibhav wrote:
as i read from bunuel's msgs, some of these questions are from gmat prep, but not all. Nonetheless i have been solving these tests myself lately and the quality is good! you learn something new with every question.

as an update, i started doing the GMAT prep problems (someone dumped every single DS/PS for GMAT prep 1/2) and since I don't have much time my goal is to finish the entire gmat prep 1. ~400 problems.

For instance, the last 10-12 problems on GMAT PREP 1 Data sufficiency are very good and very tough. I went through some of the problems in Bunuel's sig before, etc. and they look nothing like the problems in GMAT prep. So I would highly suggest doing these problems since they are official problems.

I also did the first 1-40 (because I had no clue how the difficulty was ordered) and realized that I got maybe 5-6 extremely easy problems (i think maybe 400-500 level problems), and maybe 4-5 good hard problems (600-750). So it appears that the problems increase in difficulty but with randomness interspersed.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 03:07
that seems fit. doing gmat prep sums makes sense! where did u download it from? could u share the link?
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 615 [0], given: 5

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 13:26
Expert's post
vibhav wrote:
that seems fit. doing gmat prep sums makes sense! where did u download it from? could u share the link?

You can download and find more info about gmat prep here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... reasoning/

Of course visit mba.com for more info.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Quantitative advice for final 2 weeks   [#permalink] 29 May 2012, 13:26