Please find below my responses to your questions
1. For Analytical writing is there any specific font or letter size that need to be chosen? Nope. You do not have any option to choose. A text editor will be presented in which you need to type in your responses.
2. Will the option of spell checker and synonym be provided or not? No, there is no such option. You are expected to provide your response without any spelling errors.
3. Is there any requirement on number of pages the matter should be presented? An Ideal response will have 350 to 450 words.
4. Is the AWA score separate and QA+Verbal score separate? Yes. AWA is a separate component in your score and does not get added to your total.
5. Will there be any penalty for wrong answers in QA and verbal section?Yes. An incorrect response will bring down the difficulty level of your next question.
6. Is there a thumb rule that so many questions need to be answered by so and so time, as I can see myself unable to complete all questions in the specified time.Yes. There is a time limit in which you are expected to provide responses to a certain number of questions.
Q - 37 questions in 75 minutes. V - 41 questions in 75 minutes.
7. Finally, the new generation GMAT starts from June 2012. So, is there any cut off date that the current mode of Exam will be stopped?Not sure on this. I would suggest you to visit manhattangmat site and download "The GMAT Uncovered" guide available in the Free resources section. It will help you familiarize with the scoring algorithm. Also, there are many test prep firms that offer free diagnostic GMAT test on their sites.
- The Wait begins..