Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GPA: 3.75
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Send PM
Re: Query regarding Work Experience for Bschool Application. [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
dipen01 wrote:
Thanks Linda for replying.

Yes, it was full time work experience but I don't have experience letter or pay slips to prove it because I was working with my family.

So how do I convince the same through my application / during interview ?

do you have someone other than a relative who can write you a letter of recommendation? An accountant, attorney, supplier, client, or customer? Did you sign any documents on behal of the business? Is there any evidence that you accomplished something while working in the family business?

Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Lynda,

Thanks for replying. I hope, you won't mind replying to few more followup queries. :)

1) I think I can ask clients, customers to write a recommendation, but will that carry a sufficient weight-age, because most are international clients/customers and I am not sure they'd know much with regards to recommendation/references etc. ?

2) I have signed various documents, financial/non financial but what exactly would be appropriate in terms of proving my involvement ?

3) In terms of evidence, if you mean some awards/certifications then I don't think I have any of those, because I was involved in building a mfg unit from start so focus was on Man management, ROI, Break even, trying to be in sync with macro environment etc.

Thanks again.
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
dipen01 wrote:
Hey Lynda,

Thanks for replying. I hope, you won't mind replying to few more followup queries. :)

1) I think I can ask clients, customers to write a recommendation, but will that carry a sufficient weight-age, because most are international clients/customers and I am not sure they'd know much with regards to recommendation/references etc. ?

2) I have signed various documents, financial/non financial but what exactly would be appropriate in terms of proving my involvement ?

3) In terms of evidence, if you mean some awards/certifications then I don't think I have any of those, because I was involved in building a mfg unit from start so focus was on Man management, ROI, Break even, trying to be in sync with macro environment etc.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. To your questions:

1. You have to do the best with what you've got. Choose the people you feel can write the best letters. You may also want to print out a copy of this for them:
https://www.accepted.com/mba/letters-of- ... ation.aspx .

2. You don't have to prove involvement until you are accepted. The schools don't ask for documentation at this point in time. If they question you during a background check, they'll also tell you then what documentation they will want. For now, just be factual.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot