Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

r3 apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

r3 apps [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 23:17
Hi everyone,

I applied to 7 schools in r2 and received interview invitations from wharton, yale, chicago and yale and still waiting for a response from 2 schools (got a ding from harvard).

Should I apply to several schools in R3 in case I end up not getting in any of my r2 schools. My target r3 schools would be dartmouth, kellogg, duke, darden and mit. I am not sure if I can finish all of the them before the deadlines but do you think its worth giving a shot?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (int); Booth (int)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: r3 apps [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 06:01
For starters MIT Sloan does not have a R3. Given that you have already interviewed 4 times, it seems you have a fairly decent profile and can put together a solid application. I don't really see a need to panic, unless you bombed all four interviews.

Given your decent success so far, you might end up having a better-than-average shot in R3. Of course, you should already know that your R3 chances, by nature, are already somewhat slimmer than they would have been in R1/R2. If you have the time/effort to burn, it certainly won't hurt to try a few of those schools "just in case".
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 210 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: r3 apps [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 07:52
I don't have much to say but to agree with longhorn.

Just keep in mind that by receiving that interview invitation, you've already met the schools' general requirement of what an applicant should be like. Again, as long as you don't bomb the interviews (which on one can tell you whether you've done that), you should at least land a school or two. Whether to apply for round 3 now is really just your preference now.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: r3 apps [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2011, 09:57
I dont think I bombed my two interviews so far (I will have the other two next week). anyways my concern is that if I apply to kellogg let say and get a ding in the r3, I will have to apply as a re applicant next fall and I am not sure If I can show a lot of improvement in the following 5-6 months or so.

So maybe it is better to wait till r1 next year and apply then? I am currently 23 so not in an extreme hurry=)
Re: r3 apps   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2011, 09:57