Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Have any schools posted their recommendation forms?
I'm having a bit of trouble explaining to recommenders how to structure their LOR. I've read that having each recommender write a general letter to start and transfer specific information to each question posed on the online submission form is the way to go.
Problem is, I'm not sure of those questions this year. Are they redundant from year to year? If so, what questions are common place that can be expected to be included on the majoroty of schools LOR forms?
1. Please comment on the context of your interaction with the applicant. How long have you known the applicant and in what connection? If applicable, briefly describe the applicant’s role in your organization. (250-word limit)
2. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (250-word limit)
3. Please make additional statements about the applicant’s performance, potential, or personal qualities you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Board. (250-word limit)
Please provide a written letter of recommendation. Be sure to include how the applicant ranks comparative to his/her peer group. Other items to consider are the applicant's:
• most salient strengths
• areas of development, including efforts the applicant has taken to show improvement
• team skills and leadership ability
• initiative, curiosity and motivation
• other matters which you feel we should know about the applicant
If in doubt.... I'd suggest you guys call the schools directly.... don't trust gmatclub members to know specific details of any schools app process. Though most do, you should always go to the source for logistical questions. Minimize risk.
does this mean that my recommenders have to right a different recco for every B-School I am applying to??
It was tough enough convincing them to write one......but 11........
I really hope BU sends me that mail now
Actually, yes. Ideally the recos for different schools should underline different aspects of you as a person and as a professional, according with your "fit" with the school. Also, different schools have different reco templates/questions, so simple copy-past won't work.
Each reco is really detailed. There are a couple of good examples in the Montauk and Bodine books. It's really a lot of information, and it needs to be presented well. Aaud. had a really nice post a while back on some talking points. It really helped me to ID and brainstorm the points I want each reco to stress.
Check out this awesome article about Anderson on Poets Quants, http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/02/uclas-anderson-school-morphs-into-a-friendly-tech-hub/ . Anderson is a great place! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I...