You have a decent profile and work experience. The strong areas in your profile are good academics, GRE score and work experience. You are in the right stage of your career so I would suggest you to apply soon. The next step is to do some groundwork on your post MBA career goals and research about the schools which accept GRE scores. Also focus more on your application essays and recommendations to build stellar applications. As per your profile i would recommend you to target top 20 b-schools. You need to cleverly prepare for questions like your rationale behind applying for a specific B school, switch from IT background to consulting so on and so forth.
Wish you all the best, feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.
Neha Singh http://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool
1) Basic demographic info: 26 years old, Indian, Male.
2) Educational Background: BEngg in Computer Engg from a Indian State University(Pune), GPA of 3.13/4 (WES evaluation), GRE 168Q, 158V, 4.0AWA
3) Work experience: 40 months of work experience in a top Indian IT MNC. Work experience in a niche software technology. Single individual working with the client (a top US Bank) team in credit card domain.
4) Extracurriculars: Nothing extraordinary - organised an event in college tech festival, took part in documentary making competition, volunteered to teach for a small duration.
5) Short/Long term goals: Looking to enter into the consulting domain.
6) Schools: No idea. Wish to get into the top 20-30 B schools in US.
Please suggest - I am open to wait a couple of more years and work on my profile before applying to B - schools.
Get personalized MBA Application Consulting
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company
Click here to look at some of the Testimonials for our awesome work
Try our GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool