Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for profile evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 14

Request for profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 08:47
Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest the feasible schools in top rankings. I would be highly thankful if you can suggest some schools where I can get significant/full scholarships. Thanks.

1) EXPERIENCE
C-DOT New Delhi, India
Telecom Technology Centre of Government of India that focuses on research & development of telecom products and technologies of national and strategic importance.

Research Engineer 2005-2010
Design and development of IP/MPLS router, a key element of communication networks.
i. Designed and developed key modules for IP/MPLS router
ii. Led the demonstration of developed product to dignitaries and customers.
iii. Developed the competition analysis model for IP/MPLS router

Senior Research Engineer 2010 - present
Technical marketing of C-DOT products and solutions
i. Played key role in initiating organization’s business with Indian Defence Forces
ii. Converted several business leads of Defence sector to supply orders for organization
iii. Editor of organization’s official newsletter
iv. Drafted and implemented organizations formal handbook for marketing procedures
v. Developed cost estimates and coordinated procurement schedule for clients
vi. Designed and implemented Six-Sigma project to get 30% reduction in the time of project proposal submission to customers.

2) GMAT

Total: 720, Verbal: 41, Quantitative: 49, AWA: 6.0, IR: 8

3) EDUCATION
MOTILAL NEHRU NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Allahabad, India
B.Tech., Electronics Engineering June 2005
i. First with Honors; Top 5% of the class
ii. Editor-in-chief of college magazine
iii. President: literary activities club
iv. First Place: debate competition, National level Cultural Festival at the Institute

4) Extra-curricular activities

i. Co-authored a book of Hindi Poetry; the book got published in 2010
ii. Lead a campaign for equal quality education to all children, while volunteering at CRY-a child rights NGO
iii. Working with Scientology to translate the works of L. Ron Hubbard in Hindi
iv. Certification in French, conversant in Urdu
v. Delhi Half-Marathon runner

5) certifications
Six Sigma green belt certification from Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
*Plan to take PMP before application

6) Post-MBA goal.
General management/ project management. To work at middle/senior level position in some UN organization.

Nationality: Indian
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Request for profile evaluation [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 20:17
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Your candidacy looks excellent. You truly are strong in most every area that an AdCom looks for. Although I do wonder if at work you have a leadership role, which would be a helpful metric to also cover. Your profile checks off most all of the boxes I would look for in a strong candidate to any of the top-20 US business schools. Be sure that you: 1- tell a compelling story for why you need an MBA and why now?; 2- what differentiates you; 3- start working on some great recommendations, people who you work for/with that will represent you as an excellent candidate.

That said, I would look into all of the top-20 programs to see which resonates with you best. I attended The Tuck School at Dartmouth and the curriculum is general management so you might start there and see what you think. Tuck was a wonderful experience, although the school is located somewhat remotely; my Indian classmates seemed to enjoy it greatly. You could go into general/project management out of any of the top schools as they are all highly recruited for those positions, so I would apply to many and see who can give you the best package. The lower ranked schools will be more inclined to give a better package, so that is a trade-off that you will have to consider- better brand name or scholarship.

Best of Luck!

Courtney Jane
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews