Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 10:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request help with GMAT study plan and strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Request help with GMAT study plan and strategy [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 11:24
Hello all,

My current GMAT score is 660 (V38, Q44).
My target score is 750.

So I am starting afresh. I have 6 to 8 weeks for preparation. I haven't made a test appointment yet. I have applied to some schools with my current score in the R1 but want to retake the GMAT and send it across. Will apply in R2 as well.

I have finalized my study material (based on reviews and comments in the forums here)
- OG 11th Edition
- OG Verbal, CR, Math
- MGMAT SC, Number properties
- Powerscore CR

I am not going to register in classes; my work schedule does not sync with classroom based sessions. I am looking at Knewton however and will most likely take it.

I aware that many people have posted their study strategies, experiences etc but I feel at a loss because of my time constraint.Do you have any thoughts/opinions on how I can possibly make a study plan and strategize?

Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
kp2010

Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Request help with GMAT study plan and strategy [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 21:11
I am summarizing what others would usually say. take a GmatPrep and evaluate your scores. See what you are weak in...Then you can plan your study. MGMAT books are really good, considering the fact that they deal with specific topics. powerscore for CR and MGMAT SC for sc is sufficient!!!

Regards
Ganesh
Class of 2012
Great Lakes Institute of Management
http://greatlakes.edu.in

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2296

Kudos [?]: 9051 [0], given: 3678

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Request help with GMAT study plan and strategy [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2010, 21:41
Expert's post
Here is a good starting point for you: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Request help with GMAT study plan and strategy   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2010, 21:41