Kindly evaluate my profile.
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
I worked for Reliance Industries (RIL) as Corrosion and inspection engineer. I got a chance to manage projects when the new refinery was getting commissioned.
I worked for RIL for 2.5 years. Later I joined Accenture as Environment, Health & Safety Consultant. In total, I have work ex of 5 years.
2) Your GMAT.
Scored 730 (q50, v38) in 3rd attempt.
3) College info: The name of the college, your GPA or grade average, your major, year of graduation. For any graduate degrees, please provide the same info. If you grades are low, please indicate if there were extenuating circumstances.
I graduated from IIT Roorkee, in 2008, with B.Tech. in Mechanical engineering.
GPA: 6.6/10.0, I was involved in sports during my college. I was member of swimming team and represented the college at inter IIT sports meet for 3 years.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience.
- I am president of Accenture Toastmasters Club.
- Have won in several district and state level painting competition.
- Served as captain for water polo team.
- Provide personality development training to new joiners in my company.
5) Important certifications like CFA, CPA, FSA, or CA.
6) Your target programs.
Full time MBA, targeting top 10 US school (HBS, Kellogg, Stern..)
7) When you plan to apply? Please specify round and application cycle, for example R1 2013-14 or R3 2012-13.
R1 this year
8) Your post-MBA goal.
I want to do the MBA in general management.
Let me know if I have missed any information here.
You certainly can apply to HBS, Kellogg, and Stern. They are excellent programs, but competition is so intense. Also consider programs like Duke, Tuck, Ross, and Darden. These too are top general management programs, but a little easier to get into.
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog