Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Resume format

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Resume format [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2004, 04:38
Can anyone tell me if there is any specific format for the resume that one needs to submit to b-schools. Also any idea on the ideal lenght of the resume.
I have both entrepreneurship and IT development experience. I thought that I will only give an overview of my work assignments in the IT side and not get into too many details. Is that fine or do I have to get into details.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2004, 10:44
The resume should be one page in length and should follow a standard chronological resume format. You can also format the resume the way the school does so. A quick searh will pull up some of those resumes for you.

In terms of the content, I'd recommend putting the items on your resume that best fit with your story. Make sure you're providing tangible information that shows how you had an impact.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2005, 00:16
truthringer wrote:
The resume should be one page in length and should follow a standard chronological resume format. You can also format the resume the way the school does so. A quick searh will pull up some of those resumes for you.

In terms of the content, I'd recommend putting the items on your resume that best fit with your story. Make sure you're providing tangible information that shows how you had an impact.

Is the one page resume a "stead fast" rule? My current work resume is about 2.5 pages. I have done a great many things in a short period of time and it helps me to show the breadth of situations I have been in during that time period. So, is the 1 page a rule or more of a guide?
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2005, 14:21
it is a pretty strong rule to have a 1-pager. After all, these schools will demand that you creat a 1-pager once you get there, why would you submit more than that?

If you do submit more, you'll have the potential of having your brightest points being glossed over. And don't even think about submitting more than 2 pages. There are tons of applicants and students in your shoes each year and they turn out 1-pagers. It's just like writing a 400-word essay. Sure you could write 1000 words on the topic, but at the end of the day it really doesn't add that much more.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Resume format [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 21:30
In fact Chronological resume format is the best option for you.In this resume format,you can add your skills in a periodical manner.This is the format chosen by professionals to show their exposure about particular field and skills.So,opt this and create your resume.

I am a resume expert and provide tips about resume skills and its portfolios.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Resume format [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 05:06
Expert's post
I concur--the reason the chronological, one page resume is important is twofold, 1) it's what the schools are used to seeing, so they will be better locked into your experience if you conform, and 2) it's used in your application often times as a "map key" to keep the reader oriented as they analyze the story in your essays.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews