Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Same situation- Very low 500, lost concentration

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Same situation- Very low 500, lost concentration [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2004, 16:51
New Kid,

I got the same situation than yourself,

I just did the GMAT few days before, and I got a very low score of 500 (Quant 44, Verbal 16). I am an IT Engineer from Montreal, working full time since 5 years.

During the Exam, I decided to guess on the some Quantitive questions in order to be able to finish the 37 Questions. I remember getting some very hard data suffic. ones like prime numbers and squares of the primes etc... I probably decided to guess on 4 questions and succeeded to finish the quant section on time.

I was very tired during the verval section. The section started with an Easy Misplaced Modifier question. It was getting harder and harder after. I even remember getting a Extra long bold face question. They even gave me two RC passages one after the other. All what I remember is I wanted to finish this exam very fast and I wasn't patient at the end. I finished with a very low 16 on the verbal where I beleive that I diserve between a 25 and a 30 when I am more concentrated.

I am planing to retake the GMAT before oct 1st, I am only working on my weakness right now,

Good look.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

have patience [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2004, 05:57
sorry to hear bout that, but congrats on your great quant score

this usually happens when u dont practice sitting for long hours,in front of computer screen,u must practice full length tests at least twice a week.Try petersons guide with Cd .

pls remember with more practice ur not far away from 700,

try princeton review 2005 with CD ,it has good tips on how to move thru the verbal with less effort.

relax and stretch during your 5 min break, go to restroom and have some tetrapacked juice or sugary drink for some energy 2 attack verbal section.

u can do all the above in 5mins break if u r prepared

remember to breathe throughout the test ,many people start holding their breath when the tension rises up

ash
have patience   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2004, 05:57