Joined: 13 Jul 2003
, given: 0
I have a similiar question as Carsen. I hope you can help me too. I have included my profile below:
1) GPA 3.54 - International Finance and Marketing
2) GMAT - 640 (M37, V40) - I am working on the math
3) Female - International
4) Self Employed. I have been running my own business for 6 years.
5) Age 32
6) Have worked as a computer programmer (1 year)
7) Have worked as a stock trader/ research in my home country (2 years)
8) Diploma in Computer Programming (10 month program)
9) Intermediate Spanish, Basic Mandarin (taking lessons)
I am looking at the following schools.
University of Toronto, York University, University of South Carolina, Georgetown University, London Business School, Oxford, HEC - Montreal,
McGill, University of South Carolina, University of Toronto, Thunderbird
Darthmouth, Babson, UCLA, Stanford, University of Virginia
Obviously I have no intention of applying to all of them. I would like to narrow down my list to 7-8 schools. I am looking for a program that is strong in the following areas:
1) International (language component would be great)
2) General Management
My question is this. Am I competetive for any of these schools. I don't want to sell myself short but I would like to be realistic. Are there any other schools that you would recommend. How would you recommend I break down my selection. Do I pick two easy 3 medium, 3 hard. If so which schools would fall into these categories. I would really appreciate your help.
P.S. - Thanks for offering this service. Its been interesting reading all of the various threads.