Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Selecting between two schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Selecting between two schools [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2006, 11:48
Hello,
I was waitlisted for EMBA program at my program of choice last year. Came close, but not close enough !
I am going to reapply next year and hope to get in.
I have a quick question about accepting admission from backup schools.

I want to ensure, I wait to hear from my school of choice which I am very confident given I was waitlisted last year and I am working on my weaknesses. But I want to ensure I have the backup school covered, while not wasting a lot of money forfeiting the deposit.

I am going to apply to couple of backup schools. If I get an admission to one of my backup schools and they ask me to pay the deposit, how much time I would get to accept the admission and pay the deposit and how much is the deposit usually?

Thanks..
CIO
CIO
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Posts: 539
Location: Ann Arbor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2006, 06:01
Deposit is typically a maximum of 2k-3k. I'm not sure I completely understand your first question though.

If you apply to all the schools in the same round, then you should have enough time to make your decision without paying a deposit to your back-up schools.
_________________

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
EMBA [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2006, 08:27
Thanks for the response.
As I mentioned, I am applying to EMBA programs, so the dates do not match up like the full-time program.
If I apply in the 1st round of the backup school, I will get the response well before (a month or two) I would get from my preferred school.

Thanks....
CIO
CIO
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Posts: 539
Location: Ann Arbor
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2006, 08:36
then apply second round. if you don't want to do that, you should check with the back up schools to what the requirement is in terms of giving them a response. typically they'll ask for a response around the 1.5 - 2 month time frame.
_________________

http://www.mbagameplan.com

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Selecting between schools hokie123 2 02 Dec 2009, 09:08
Experts publish their posts in the topic schools selection targetfall06 4 10 Nov 2005, 11:13
School Selection caribcon 0 18 Jan 2005, 09:11
Experts publish their posts in the topic School selection carsen 6 16 Jan 2005, 09:06
School selection? just4fun 5 15 Jan 2005, 14:37
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Selecting between two schools

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.