Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1579 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would get a grammar reference guide. I have PR's Grammar Smart, which has a good review, and sometimes I rely on my Associated Press Stylebook (was a journalism major!) for some things, although that's not for true English grammar. But the PR book is quite handy, and having a solid grasp of grammar is the key to the SC subtleties.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Even I use PR's smart grammar. Along with it i have Arco's small Business english usage guide. Its a very small and handy book and effective too! you might want to have a look at it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
PR's grammar smart is indeed very useful. It is very important to identify the errors in the original sentence ( if there are any..provided the answer choice isn't A ) and then look at the answer choices. This leads to quick elimination and one can identify the splits easliy.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1579 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
which would you say is better grammar smart or manhattan sc?

would it be worth my time going over grammar smart if i have already done manhattan sc? much overlap? thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I used both. I finished the PR grammar smart over a period of one week..spending around one hour a day. I didn't revisit the book often but highlighted topics that I felt supplemented MGMAT SC. I would suggest that focus more on the OG problems...rotate them repeatedly, each time eliminating all wrong answer choices and reading the OE.

Some of the 1000 SC problems are vague...use them for timing practice, don't worry about the hit rate. I always made 3-4 mistakes in a set of 25.

joemama142000 wrote:
which would you say is better grammar smart or manhattan sc?

would it be worth my time going over grammar smart if i have already done manhattan sc? much overlap? thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]